Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hirsute

Old February 28th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

I've got a summoner who has taken the Summon Guardian Spirit feat. He would like to select a Faerie Dragon for that feat.

Per this thread: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/c...mounted-combat

I have tried to add Faerie Dragon (and Dragon, Faerie) as a hireling, then apply the template, but Faerie Dragon (and Dragon, Faerie) won't show up as an option under the hireling tab for me to be able to add it.

Any suggestions? I'm open to using the editor, but I can't find any way to easily pull the creature as a hireling in the editor, either.

Thanks in advance.
Hirsute is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 28th, 2017, 02:06 PM
You wouldnt put it under that, have you checked the summon monster encounter package?
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hirsute

Old February 28th, 2017, 02:51 PM
As I understood it, I don't need that package for this, as I have the appropriate sources (bestiary 3 + bonus bestiary). What I was hoping to do was get the guardian spirit listed as linked to the summoner, rather than as an independent hero in the portfolio. The thread I linked above suggested using the hireling interface to do this. Unfortunately, the creature in question isn't available there.

I think I just figured out how to use the editor to do this, but now I'm running into a problem of rule ambiguity. It seems the Faerie Dragon may not be a valid target for this feat. The feat doesn't restrict options to fey and outsiders only, but the template does. Hrmmm.

Last edited by Hirsute; February 28th, 2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Typo
Hirsute is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hirsute

Old March 1st, 2017, 05:22 AM
Okay, for the sake of completeness, in the editor what I had to do was create a new hireling (blank), put in the appropriate descriptive text, then in the control that allows you to select a race to be always loaded for that hireling, select the Faerie Dragon from the list.

Saved and compiled, and was able to hire a Faerie Dragon. Then ran up on the other problem I noted above: There's some inconsistency between the feat and the template. I went with the template wording, and selected a different arcane familiar, in this case, the Liminal Sprite.

I was then able to apply the template in hero lab.
Hirsute is offline   #4 Reply With Quote