Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old November 13th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Maybe pop in over there and let us know what's happening with the LWD products we invested so much money in?
Or maybe not...
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old November 27th, 2020, 05:19 AM
Rob, can we please get an update on Starships and Starfinder? Earlier you mentioned that content creators were your largest resource, yet there's been no AP content released since Signal of Screams. Any hints on when Starships and SOM might be available?
-Flyteach
flyteach is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
morev007

Old December 27th, 2020, 08:05 AM
Any news about starships?
morev007 is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
ShadowTool

Old January 5th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Hopefully folks are recovering from the holidays and work will continue. Can we get an update on the pipeline? I am mostly interested in expected (not best case) dates for completion of the various features, products, etc. I am a Shadowrun 6E player (a patient one) and just looking for an update on additional products. thx
ShadowTool is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old January 6th, 2021, 09:42 AM
*cricket sounds intensify*
dacoobob is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 7th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Still waiting....
marroon69 is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
kenderbard

Old January 15th, 2021, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
This is vastly harder within HLO than Classic for one very simple reason. We need to safeguard against user errors with PERFECT success. HLO is a shared resource on a common server that all users access. If a user error is not caught, it can cause everything to fail for everyone. Within Classic, the only one impacted by a user error is the user himself. Not within HLO.

This gets even more complex due HL scripting being an pretty powerful language. For example, it would be trivial in a script to introduce an infinite loop. It's also quite possible to accomplish that in a non-obvious way that spans multiple scripts and procedures. Obviously, an infinite loop would completely screw all other users on the server at that time, so we'd have to detect such errors and deal with them in some reasonable way that doesn't negatively impact the system while giving reasonable feedback to the creating user.

That's just one basic example of hundreds (perhaps thousands) that need to be dealt with.

We've made some inroads towards this goal, but we still have a LOT of work yet to do. So this is something that's still quite a ways off from being exposed to users.

As an interim solution, we've been providing significantly more flexibility to let users customize elements of characters directly within the product, which I believe has greatly reduced the need for the editing system. We have more enhancements along these lines planned, which should allow users to more readily fill in the remaining gaps.
Out of curiosity have you considered working with some specific 3rd party content creators in having them make official purchasable packages for HLO? For example Rogue Genius Games, Drop Dead Studios, etc.
kenderbard is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Darkheart

Old February 22nd, 2021, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
Still waiting....
It is really unprofessional how argumentative Rob was with people when a commenter said that Starships were gonna be put off indefinitely when the commenter was absolutely correct.

This is been so frustrating when I have waited for something since before my campaign started and the campaign I'm in will likely conclude before Starships are implemented.
Darkheart is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old May 17th, 2021, 07:08 AM
Posting this here since nobody really pays attention to the Realm Works forum anymore.

The recently release version of Realm Works does not fix any of the import/export bugs, and has also disabled the working version from syncing with the servers.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65903
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64732
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63665

Realmworks Template Management
nightpanda2810 is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old May 22nd, 2021, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
It is really unprofessional how argumentative Rob was with people when a commenter said that Starships were gonna be put off indefinitely when the commenter was absolutely correct.

This is been so frustrating when I have waited for something since before my campaign started and the campaign I'm in will likely conclude before Starships are implemented.
Unfortunately welcome to the LWD business model....unkept promises, infrequent responses / updates, and tada a new system..... even though we have not delivered on completing the past ones....

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #60 Reply With Quote