Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Malhavoc

Old February 18th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Creating my own Archetype and I need to remove the spirit spell slot. What I'm looking to do is create a Sorcerer-like Shaman that keys off of Charisma.(I was able to figure out everything else, I just need to clean it up a bit by removing the Spirit Spell slot) Does anybody know how to remove it?
Malhavoc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old February 18th, 2020, 11:37 AM
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by spirit spell slot.

If you're talking about the spells you get from the spirit choice e.g. life giving you healing spells I think that is spirit magic. Go to the class, archetypes tab. Click on the removed class special abilities button (near the top, left hand side) and search for spirit magic then tick it to remove it.

This is the advice of someone still figuring out the editor themselves though.
Senko is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Malhavoc

Old February 20th, 2020, 04:56 AM
Ah...thank you. It more of cleaning the archetype up, but being a bit of a perfectionist and having a hard time letting it go.

In particular what I trying to accomplish. It sort of like how the cleric get a domain spell slot every level. I'm trying to remove that ..for example, using the spell cast progression of a sorcerer at 3rd level it should be 0th 0/5, 1st 0/5, but it displays as 0th 0/5, 1st 0/5 +1/day; I'm trying to remove the +1/day..removing the spirit magic only accomplishes is getting rid of the spirt selection but keep the bonus spell slot +1/day---thanks for your help
Malhavoc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old February 20th, 2020, 10:47 AM
I'd say its something to do with spirit magic as that's what gives the shaman an extra spell per day. I'll poke around after work but I suspect you may need someone more skilled than me to have a look at it.
Senko is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Malhavoc

Old February 25th, 2020, 04:33 AM
Thanks any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about taking a peek under the hood of the Shaman and how it was created in herolab. See if I can figure out where that particular ability is being added to the class, but that a giant pain and I was hoping that there might be a quicker solution that to dissect the Shaman in herolab.
Malhavoc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old February 26th, 2020, 07:53 PM
Not 100% sure (make a back up before changing anything) but if I'm right what you want to remove this ability is to remove the bootstrap of it into your class and if so that is something I can help you with . . .

1) Open editor.
2) Go to "Class" tab.
3) Go to "Archetype tab.
4) Select your archetype.
5) Click on the "Removed Class Special Abilities" button.
5) Search for "cShaSpiMag" or "Spirit Magic" and tick the box next to it.
8) Click Ok, save your file, click test now.
9) See if the removed ability is what you want, if it isn't you can restore your back up.

Last edited by Senko; February 26th, 2020 at 08:02 PM.
Senko is offline   #6 Reply With Quote