Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Matt Droz

Old May 10th, 2012, 06:25 AM
So, I'm creating a Template that grants the character a Spell-like ability of a chosen spell. I've tried searching through the forums for something similar, tried add in a domDomain to the special ability, etc. All with no luck. Here's what I'd like it to do:

User clicks on Class and adds the template to the character. This generates a Spell-like ability for the character, and prompts them to choose a spell for the ability. I don't need it to be a drop-down, it can just be a text box where they enter the spell's name, but I'd like for it to show up in the Tracked Resources tab like other Spell-like abilities.

Any suggestions on where to start?
Matt Droz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 10th, 2012, 07:39 AM
You'll probably want to make a class special that is granted when this template is taken. This special should be marked to be included in the Tracked Resources box (this is a checkbox in the editor for Class Specials). To choose a spell, maybe the Select From Spell Like Ability? Not sure if that will work or not, but it's worth checking out I think.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I run into the same problem I did when I tried using the domDomain text box. I can see the Ability in the list of Specials, it shows up in the list of Spells with tracking, but I don't see anywhere where I make the choice for the ability. It's not appearing on any of the character tabs, and where I can see it, it has "-Choose-" written next to it, but no drop-down is available.

Ideas?
Matt Droz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Created a template to try and see it myself. Used the Racial Special. First thing is, you choose the spell in the Background tab under Racial, Template, and Faction abilities. My guess is you'll need to use a custom expression to get the appropriate list. I don't know what one off the top of my head, but I'll see what I can figure out.

Update: Try using "component.BaseSpell" in the Custom Expression field then change the Restrict First List To field to "All Things". That should work.

Last edited by Sendric; May 10th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
That is better. If it helps, I'm looking to grab all 1st level Sor/Wiz spells.

Y'know... If I could find out where the Rogue Talents Minor Magic and Major Magic were in the Editor, I'd be able to use them as a basis, I think.
Matt Droz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Droz View Post
That is better. If it helps, I'm looking to grab all 1st level Sor/Wiz spells.

Y'know... If I could find out where the Rogue Talents Minor Magic and Major Magic were in the Editor, I'd be able to use them as a basis, I think.
Rogue Talents are under the Custom Ability tag. I took a quick look at Minor Magic, and they use the custom expression:

component.BaseSpell & sLevel.0 & (sClass.cHelpWiz | sClass.cHelpSor) & !Spellbook.?

if you want to add in 1st level spells as well, I might try:

component.BaseSpell & (sLevel.0 | sLevel.1) & (sClass.cHelpWiz | sClass.cHelpSor) & !Spellbook.?
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old May 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Yep, after I posted I was able to find it and it works perfectly. Thanks!
Matt Droz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote