Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

GMScott

Old June 10th, 2021, 05:59 PM
I think I found a bug in the software concerning weapons with the fatal trait. I've attached a screenshot showing the output.

HLO shows the pick damage as:
  • 2d6+4 / 2d6+8+1d10

I believe it should be:
  • 2d6+4 / 2d10+8+1d10

The fatal d10 means that upon a crit, the weapon damage type is changed from d6 to d10 (which is then doubled) and an additional d10 is added. Perhaps I'm reading the rules incorrectly, though.
Attached Images
File Type: png HLO - fatal weapon.png (218.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by GMScott; June 10th, 2021 at 06:04 PM.
GMScott is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old June 11th, 2021, 07:19 AM
you're reading the rule correctly, the damage dice should all change to d10s on a crit.
dacoobob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lady Wrath

Old June 27th, 2021, 01:59 AM
I have also noticed this issue as well as when you make a custom weapon fatal the damage calculation breaks because it adds [: to the end of the damage

Traits Fatal (1d10)
Ranged Damage: 1d6 P[:
Ranged Crit Damage: 1d6x2 P+1d10[:
Lady Wrath is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lady Wrath

Old August 11th, 2021, 10:30 PM
I am here once again because it's still a problem
Lady Wrath is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 11th, 2021, 11:47 PM
Raise the issues as bug reports.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old August 12th, 2021, 06:58 AM
related question: when calculating crit damage, does HLO roll one damage die and then double it (per the PF2e rules), or roll two damage dice and add them together (like in 1e)?

although the mean result is the same, the probability distribution is different-- 1d6 doubled has an equal chance of rolling any number between 2 and 12, whereas 2d6 yields a bell curve, with numbers near the middle of the range more likely than numbers near the extremes.
dacoobob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2021, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
related question: when calculating crit damage, does HLO roll one damage die and then double it (per the PF2e rules), or roll two damage dice and add them together (like in 1e)?

although the mean result is the same, the probability distribution is different-- 1d6 doubled has an equal chance of rolling any number between 2 and 12, whereas 2d6 yields a bell curve, with numbers near the middle of the range more likely than numbers near the extremes.

It uses the PF2 rules, but there's an option in the settings to use the PF1 rules instead - the Critical Hits section in "Core Options"
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old August 12th, 2021, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It uses the PF2 rules, but there's an option in the settings to use the PF1 rules instead - the Critical Hits section in "Core Options"
thanks!
dacoobob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote