Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Bluephoenix

Old March 2nd, 2014, 05:37 PM
so this came up in our last gaming session. 3 other people at the table besides myself use herolab, and one of them just acquired an intelligent wonderous item, however there is no easy way to handle or track that with HL.

I've poked the mechanism for it on weapons a little, however I feel I'm way out of my depth handling something this crazy.

this problem also directly relates to handling the item familiar feat from UA, which I noticed was also absent from the files (was hoping for an example to check)

any ideas/thoughts/suggestions on how to handle this?
Bluephoenix is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:45 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think there's a good way to do Intelligent Wondrous Items. You could set it up as a weapon, and then add the INT stuff as you would a weapon or create it as a Magic Item, but with all the text. What's the item?
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bluephoenix

Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:24 PM
a Tome of Worldly Memory, of all things. kind of entertaining since the DM plays it with a very tired and world weary smartass tone.

I suggested he do a weapon entry to handle the ego score and stuff, which is currently the system.

is this a system (HL?) limitation? or is it something that can be fixed in the community files? Item familiar from UA is something we'll have to deal with sooner or later to be system complete.
Bluephoenix is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 4th, 2014, 04:40 AM
I think doing it as a weapon is the way to go. As far as I can tell, its a system limitation. I don't see a way to do it other than with a weapon.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote