Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Hanhula

Old December 4th, 2020, 12:09 AM
Hey all!

I've recently been making the switch over to Foundry from Roll20, which had a fantastic Herolab importer. However - Foundry has nothing of the sort. There's a generic statblock importer that I can use to get base monster stats in, but players/NPCs with special abilities or equipment currently can't be moved over. Spells get left behind, too.

I know there's currently a 2e converter in the works, but has anyone been working on something for 1e as well? I've asked around on the Foundry discord to no avail. If anyone would like to do one but doesn't have access to Foundry - I'd be more than happy to set you up with something on a test world, I'm selfhosting my own instance.

Since Foundry runs off .json files and javascript modules for the most part, I'm guessing a start would be to convert from XML?

Thanks!
Hanhula is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old December 4th, 2020, 07:07 PM
MapTool has a HLC importer per se. Basically, you put the directory containing your HLC portfolios into your Resource Library, then when you select the portfolio, each character inside the portfolio is importable as a token.

The main issue being that MapTool isn't just for Pathfinder, it can be used to play any game (including backgammon or poker), so settings things up for a Pathfinder-specific game environment involves a little work.

Check out the website at www.rptools.net, and join the Discord server if you want real-time interaction with other users and the MapTool developers. (We have an extremely helpful community!)

<standard_disclaimer>
I'm one of the MapTool devs, so not only do I think MapTool is the best of all the VTTs currently available, but I'm a little bit biased.
</standard_disclaimer>
Azhrei is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hanhula

Old December 7th, 2020, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the reply, and I'm sure Maptool is fantastic for those who use it! However, I'm a huge fan of Foundry's module system and I've already switched over a lot - it's definitely a better fit for my group.

To add some information to my first post, re: Foundry: It looks like anyone familiar with XSLT would be able to make a custom Foundry export format for PF -> Foundry. I'm just not blessed with that ability (yet) unfortunately.
Hanhula is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 18th, 2021, 08:58 AM
Maybe have a look at https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66227

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote