Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

FCWesel

Old January 31st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hello.

One thing I would like to see is an option ability to make the cost of something reflect the fact that the character has the "Item Creation" feat.

A scroll, potion, wondrous item, simply does not cost the same amount for a character who made it. Perhaps a field could be added to the "buying box" that simply halves the cost of a given item?

(I know its probably not that simple, but I am just tossing out an idea, after all.)

Thank you!!
FCWesel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old January 31st, 2013, 11:25 AM
You can already change the cost of practically any item by simply typing in the price you want. So, for example, if you want a masterwork longbow and have the Craft (bows) skill, HL will tell you that it will cost you 400 gp, but you can manually type in 133 gp 3 sp 3 cp to the cost boxes and that is all that will be removed from your "treasury" (though if you haven't actually specified that you're carrying silver or copper pieces, you may get a message indicating you don't have the funds until you convert some of your gold into smaller denominations).
d20Maverick is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
FCWesel

Old January 31st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Yes, but that does not reflect in the Gear Value.
FCWesel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old January 31st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Correct, because the gear's VALUE hasn't changed, only what you paid for it. If you spent 134 gold to create a masterwork longbow, it's still WORTH 400 gold. The different price you pay reflects in your remaining gold, not your gear value.
d20Maverick is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 31st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCWesel View Post
Yes, but that does not reflect in the Gear Value.
Why would the gear value be different? A potion that is crafted for 25gp is still worth 50gp regardless of who crafted it. So the gear value is always the same cost.

Same as if I looted the potion off a dead body the gear value is still 50gp....

sigh damn ninajs! They are so sneaky around here. Must be using the vanishing trick..

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old January 31st, 2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
sigh damn ninajs! They are so sneaky around here. Must be using the vanishing trick..
There are no nin...

Also, all of the purchase (and sell) screens I have seen offer three buttons - 0%, 50%, and 100%, for "pre-built" calculations to reduce the cost of items.
d20Maverick is offline   #6 Reply With Quote