Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Another bug fix release has gone out. In this release, we've fixed a number of additional bugs that users have run into. In general, these bugs have only been encountered by a few users apiece (in some cases, a single user). We still have a few bugs left that appear to only impact a single user each thus far. We'll be working on those this week, as well as getting some further stuff into place for release next week.

As always, the details are in the release notes, which will be visible when you view the available update within the product. Thanks!
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 16th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
(in some cases, a single user)
Is it me? I updated to .226, but the same problem.

It's a great job you do. Thank you for youe hard work.
tkarn is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
craghammer

Old January 17th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Thanks for your team's effort Rob. I had massive issues with importing both structure and exports on v225, and all was well on this update. Now waiting eagerly for the 5E update so I can export and share my content with my DM (I'm using RW as Keeper of Records, and for fun).

Kudos to you guys!
craghammer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old January 17th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Well I upgraded, now when I tr to load the launcher, I get;

Topics of differing game systems found. Please contact support for further assistance.

and CRASH!!
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 17th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarn View Post
Is it me? I updated to .226, but the same problem.

It's a great job you do. Thank you for youe hard work.
Yes, you appear to be one of those few remaining. I honestly thought David mentioned we had fixed the bug you encountered, but I must have gotten two issues reversed.

We're still working away at the open bugs. The few that remain are pretty complicated, so we don't expect another bug fix release until Thursday or Friday.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 17th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Well I upgraded, now when I tr to load the launcher, I get;

Topics of differing game systems found. Please contact support for further assistance.

and CRASH!!
Ugh. We had hoped nobody would fall into your situation. With one issue we fixed, it was possible, but unlikely, that somebody had actually gotten their data into a compromised state. We need to get your database so that we can repair things properly for you before you do anything further. It will require us directly working with your database to effect those repairs. Then you'll be good to go again. Sorry for the inconvenience!!
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 17th, 2017, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Yes, you appear to be one of those few remaining. I honestly thought David mentioned we had fixed the bug you encountered, but I must have gotten two issues reversed.

We're still working away at the open bugs. The few that remain are pretty complicated, so we don't expect another bug fix release until Thursday or Friday.
Do you think, it could be a problem, when I use german characters like ä,ö,ü ?
tkarn is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 17th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarn View Post
Do you think, it could be a problem, when I use german characters like ä,ö,ü ?
Not at all. Realm Works is entirely UTF, so characters from languages like German are 100% valid. Now, if you were doing something with Kanji or other more complicated language, it could be a wrinkle, but certainly NOT German.

Since I apparently got bugs confused between users, I'm not 100% sure which bug you are being hit by, so I can't concretely comment on what the underlying issue is. Apologies for that.

I definitely know that we're working away on the remaining bugs, with each of us focusing on issues that center on the areas of the product we're the respective "experts" on. That's why I'm not keenly familiar with your issue, since David is the expert in the area where your bug exists.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old January 18th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Ugh. We had hoped nobody would fall into your situation. With one issue we fixed, it was possible, but unlikely, that somebody had actually gotten their data into a compromised state. We need to get your database so that we can repair things properly for you before you do anything further. It will require us directly working with your database to effect those repairs. Then you'll be good to go again. Sorry for the inconvenience!!
Hey no problem at all, I sent the database to tech for study, but I couldn't wait 3 days, so I deleted my local data and backed up from the cloud with only a loss of a couple hours work, no worries.

Besides, to be perfectly honest, I was unhappy with how that entry was going and was seriously considering delete/start over any way. Guess the game gods decided for me!

Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else with more to lose.

Keep up the great work guys, All in all I am very happy with LWD software, and Realm Works in particular, I look forward to the content market!
ErinRigh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 19th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Not at all. Realm Works is entirely UTF, so characters from languages like German are 100% valid. Now, if you were doing something with Kanji or other more complicated language, it could be a wrinkle, but certainly NOT German.
I am probably going to regret this, but I will be trying to input some Japanese in my realm - all three alphabets.

Well, in a test realm - after my gameday on Saturday.

I might be stupid, but not that stupid...

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote