Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Palorin

Old September 26th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Okay, so, I THINK figured out how to save the .user file to my MacBook desktop. I THINK I figured out how to import it to Hero Labs on the Mac, and I THINK i made the HL file properly. However, i keep getting an error on my iPad saying:

"(no user sources defined)
Your license does not have access to this setting.

No user sources are currently defined. Once one or more is defined by the editor, they will appear here."

That being said, I have paid for the full license on HL, and I am moderately certain (though that confidence is dwindling fast) that I created the .HL file properly. Anyone able to give a true n00b some assistance?

EDIT: I get the same "license denial" message on my MacBook when trying to access "user sources". ACK!

Last edited by Palorin; September 26th, 2016 at 04:18 PM. Reason: New information
Palorin is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 26th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Sorry, PC and Android guy here. Don't think I can be of assistance.
Hansmo is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 26th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Same sorry. Apple products always feel tight and scratchy. Never liked feeling restricted.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Palorin

Old September 26th, 2016, 04:47 PM
hmmm.... OkayI figured it out. Not too complex but I realized what I needed was a fresh .user filed saved.

I know I won't be any help on this in the future, as most of what I did was some mostly-blind-but-mildly-intelligent guessing. And a ALOT of going through the forums and Lone Wolf site to figure where I went wrong.

So, daplunk and Hansmo, even tho you might not think you helped, it did, knowing that if I needed and you could provide, you would have answered.

Knowing that this community is so responsive is VERY helpful. Thanks!
Palorin is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 26th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Mate speaking on behalf of myself... majority of my work on the entire community pack has been blind guessing lol

Glad you sorted it.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 27th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Ok team,

Absolutely well done on this one. I can see a hell of alot of work went into it.

The file will be pushed out with the next release but for those of you wanting to test it now, you can get it from HERE.

You want to copy all of the content from within the zipped folder into your 5e folder. For most of us that should be:

C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e

Then restart Hero Labs or 'Quick Reload Data Files' for those with debugging turned on. You will need to enable the Psionic Handbook under the homebrew section of the character configuration screen (Character > Configure Character).

There are still a few things to complete. The feats will need coding for example.

WARNING: Pretty much every single named thing in this file has been changed from the original to comply with the 5e Community Pack naming convention. This means anyone with the original copy of the file file linked above is going to run into a host of errors. I would recommend removing the original files from your system prior to loading this.

WARNING: Any characters made with the original content will need to be remade.

@wheelercub: I have removed all options from your original file not related to the Psionic Handbook. You will need to therefore remove all of the options for the Psionic Handbook from your file leaving just the custom options you have created.

If anyone would like to make further changes to the file please get in contact with me, happy to show you how to do it in GitHub so that everyone is working from the same file.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 27th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Quote:
There are still a few things to complete. The feats will need coding for example.
I did a really quick and dirty version of Wild Talent Feat by copying and altering Magic Initiate Feat which it very closely resembles. The differences that are beyond me...how to force it to Psionic Talents and Disciplines rather than choosing from any caster class list. Also unlike Magic Initiate which adds a 1 x day use of a first level spell, it adds 2 Psi (Spell) Points. I am uncertain how to or even if it is possible to manipulate spell points.
Hansmo is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old September 28th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Wow, great work everyone! Can't wait to see them added to the full Community Pack.

@daplunk - sorry for the late reply. Been crazy busy at work here. Regarding the Warforged and Ranger v2, those can be deleted or modified accordingly. The Warforged was from some homebrew that a friend of mine wanted to play in our campaign, so I did my best to add it so the HL character sheet included his bonuses. It should probably be scrapped in lieu of the supplemental material version of the WF.

The Ranger was just the beginning of the recent v2 changes that Wizards of the Coast released to the public. I started playing around with it, but never finished. I keep getting stuck on the Combat Style selection code because I don't know where to find examples of it. Same thing goes for the Psionic Knife subclass, which also requires a Combat Style selection. So I kind of hacked that for a player who wanted Two Weapon Fighting, but for some reason the offhand bonus never applied in HL.

With all that said, I really want the new Ranger added to HL, but haven't had time to add it and because I can't get past the Combat Style selection, I just never finished. If someone can add that, I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, if someone could send me the Combat Style code, I can try to add the rest by myself and upload the file again.

The Ranger V2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwZ...ew?usp=sharing

Official post (same PDF content, not as pretty): http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/feat...ranger-revised
wheelercub is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 28th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Question: Will deleting the Community Psionics .user file from the 5e folder when it comes out mess anything else up?

I have my own Unearthed Arcana version of the Mystic (up to L10), and I cannot use it with the Community version. They conflict.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 28th, 2016, 06:06 PM
The new ranger is already done. TheEnthusiast recently added it and we're are prepping the next release currently.

I can't urge enough, if you have the skills (which i can see you do) and interest in adding content, come over to the GitHub and work with us. Then we have the skill-set, the same data and the ability to share it with the world.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; September 28th, 2016 at 06:16 PM.
daplunk is offline   #60 Reply With Quote