Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

fhscholl

Old August 28th, 2013, 12:48 PM
From the little I have seen, Realm Works looks like it will be perfect for the campaign I am running. The feature set looks amazing and will do everything I need and then some.

Since I, unfortunately, missed the kickstarter for RW, is there anyway I can get into the Early Access?
fhscholl is offline   #1
ifandbut

Old September 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I am also very interested in Realm Works. It looks useful for not just PnP games but for planing story lines in general. I have been looking at it on and off since Gen Con and had hoped it would be released by now.

Is there no way to buy in for Early Access or do I need to keep waiting until it is hopefully released?
ifandbut is offline   #2
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Hey there! We are not accepting new backers to the Kickstarter right now, but that's because we're so close to release. Right now we're on schedule to release at the end of this month, though our September newsletter outlines how the release could get pushed back to beginning of next month (developing a syncing feature is harder than it looks!). So while I love to hear about your excitement and your plans to implement it into your games, you'll have to stick it out until the release in a few weeks.
liz is offline   #3
Aleslosh

Old October 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Arghhhh... waiting patiently, lol. Ah well, better to wait the extra couple of weeks for a great release rather than a good release complete with lotsa bugs and such!

Put me down for a download as soon as it's ready!!
Aleslosh is offline   #4
Titan

Old January 10th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Dear Lone Wolf Team. In light of the circumstances of the postponed release due to a series of illusive bugs, I would like to know if there is the slightest chance of acquiring backer status, after all. In that position others and I would be able to contribute in tracking down bugs by writing detailed bug reports, instead of anxiously waiting for a release, for which there isn't even a fixed release date anymore. I hope my intentions are understood as passion and not frustration.

May the last steps in finishing your outstanding product not be too hard.
Titan is offline   #5
Aleslosh

Old January 12th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Dear Lone Wolf Team. In light of the circumstances of the postponed release due to a series of illusive bugs, I would like to know if there is the slightest chance of acquiring backer status, after all. In that position others and I would be able to contribute in tracking down bugs by writing detailed bug reports, instead of anxiously waiting for a release, for which there isn't even a fixed release date anymore. I hope my intentions are understood as passion and not frustration.

May the last steps in finishing your outstanding product not be too hard.
Ditto! I would love to help out also but am not sure how.... I am not a software developer or anything like that but I am a very good beta tester. I know how to write reports that can be acted on by developers. I am a beta tester for JDEdwards upgrades and enhancements.

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know!

Last edited by Aleslosh; January 12th, 2014 at 04:21 AM. Reason: oops... extra letter added
Aleslosh is offline   #6
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Titan & Aleslosh,

While we don't doubt your commitment to finding and reporting bugs, the moment we allow 1 or 2 people into the Early Access or Beta group, we must open it up to the dozens of other individuals that have reached out to us about joining.

Unfortunately, adding (likely) many people to the Early Access and/or Beta group, as well as collecting backer payments, will take time away from staff members that are currently focused on getting Realm Works out the door. If we let many people into the Early Access group, it would be through some sort of Pre-Release. However, as you saw in the most recent update, that isn't currently in our plan. If that changes, we'll be sure to announce it.

I hope that answers your questions, and explains a little bit as to why we can't open up access to the Early Access or Beta groups for only select people.
liz is offline   #7
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 13th, 2014, 11:14 AM
As a DM I don't take bribes per se, but there is a spell that your DM may allow in their games for emergencies:

Really Limited Wish
Universal
Level: Alc 1, Bar 1, Clr 1, Drd 1, Mag 1, Rgr 1, Sor/Wiz 1, Wit 1
Components: V, M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This (much) weaker version of the Wish spell allows the caster to alter the recent past, to dictate the result of an action, or to have any other minor effect on events in the game. The caster merely says something such as, "I wish Bob had hit that orc that just impaled me on a stalagmite," and the unchangeable past is suddenly, er, changed.

Material Component: A $20 bill, handed to the DM while casting the spell.

Yes this is a real spell, it comes from the Munchkin Player's Handbook and I give it to my spell casters in their spell books for free. The material component can get pricey for those whose luck is terrible but some players find that one or two natural 1 reversals here and there are worth casting it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #8
Aleslosh

Old January 15th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Titan & Aleslosh,

While we don't doubt your commitment to finding and reporting bugs, the moment we allow 1 or 2 people into the Early Access or Beta group, we must open it up to the dozens of other individuals that have reached out to us about joining.

Unfortunately, adding (likely) many people to the Early Access and/or Beta group, as well as collecting backer payments, will take time away from staff members that are currently focused on getting Realm Works out the door. If we let many people into the Early Access group, it would be through some sort of Pre-Release. However, as you saw in the most recent update, that isn't currently in our plan. If that changes, we'll be sure to announce it.

I hope that answers your questions, and explains a little bit as to why we can't open up access to the Early Access or Beta groups for only select people.
Perfectly Understood. Thanks for the reply and good luck killing those blasted bugs.

I'll keep patiently..(cough, cough) awaiting the release of v1.0
Aleslosh is offline   #9