Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

McTaff

Old September 30th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
I really have no response other than to tell you that if you READ the Warhammer Fantasy 8th edition forums the answer will be revealed to you. It really isn't hard to miss as it is stickied and has PLEASE READ right in the thread topic.

Here's a hint for the non-Einsteins out there...http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13887

After reading this do you really need an update on how the files are going?

Also since you are "paying customers" you should really email or submit a complaint to WOLFLAIR about how data files are handled and see where that gets you. I'm sure WOLFLAIR would love to explain to you the intricacies of the litigation department over at GW which is exactly why data files are handled the way they are handled.

Once again,
Ignorance is not an excuse, educate (READ) yourself.
Once again, this is an immediate example of what Aza and I are referring to.

There is absolutely NO reason for anyone to talk like this.

This sort of conduct is unbecoming of any forum related to a business:
a) One guy misses an announcement regarding the way data files are handled, and a senior member jumps on him;
b) When two people raise the question of why the issue was handled that way, we now see two senior members treating clients of the business that runs the forum like spoiled children would treat a complete stranger.

(If I said something like this to anyone who walked into my store, within a day my regional manager would be listening to me attempting to salvage my job.)

Besides the fact that I already know how long it takes for data files (I have already read that post before), the core of my reply was directed at two things. One of which was the complete lack of civility in the first reply, and secondly the lack of information flow to the customer - neither of which were adequately addressed.

I proposed a solution which, if implemented properly, would draw these questions out like a magnet, but instead you chose to shoot it down because "this is the way it is always done".

Not good enough - the forum users here deserve far better treatment by senior members than they are currently getting.
McTaff is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old September 30th, 2011, 02:57 AM
If y'all could stop being rude to each other for a moment...

I just contacted the author of the Warhammer data files (which you too can do, by selecting "Contact Data File Author..." from the Help menu in Army Builder) and he says the updated files should be ready by the end of the weekend.

P.S. The data files are not "to a point" done by volunteers; they are entirely done by volunteers. Or in this specific case volunteer. LWD have no involvement at all, beyond providing file hosting, and indeed cannot have any for legal reasons.

P.P.S. As a follow up to my original question to pious, I have asked that the forums be rearranged and the AB forum subtitle be changed. I for one hope this reduces confusion in future.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Tiibor

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Well done Mr Rose that made my day im now looking forewardto the end of the weekend, good job by the way to the author without your hard work my warhammer experiance would be so much less thanks for all your effort`
Tiibor is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old September 30th, 2011, 08:34 PM
I think the issue is less in regards to whether someone are 'paying customers' and more to the point of simple courtesy imo.
Arijharn is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old October 1st, 2011, 05:59 AM
Wow, bit heated in here. Just to let you know, I have got the files pretty much done. I'm just clearing up a few last minute bugs. I intended to get them out yesterday, but fell a bit behind.

And, and I don't mean to sound rude here, I do these files as a hobby. I don't get paid, I am not in the employ of Lone Wolf, and I pay to use this program just as you do. If I am a bit late, I sincerely apologise, but sometimes I hit a 'wall' and just need to take a few days away from files to get a fresh perspective.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old October 1st, 2011, 06:54 AM
I've uploaded the file! There are a couple of issues, nothing that stops the files being used. Maneaters 'Been There, Done That' rule doesn't give error if same rule picked twice, and Mornfang Cavalry lets you choose more than one magic banner. Pretty simple fixes, but I just don't have any more spare time today, and figured you wouyld rather get it with these bugs than wait til I can get round to it (hopefully tomorrow, but no promises).

As soon as these are fixed, I will re-upload file.

Thanks for your patience!

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #16 Reply With Quote