Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

lortondm

Old April 27th, 2021, 01:20 PM
I'm using Hero Lab not online version on my PC. I ran a session as a DM and foolishly rebooted the computer without saving the portfolio(s) I had open, most importantly tracking what resources the PCs had used during the session. Is there a temporary version of the active .por file stored somewhere in the Hero Lab directory structure somewhere so that I can unearth the .por that I should have saved? Like Word periodically saves docs somewhere and you can recover them if there was an interruption or some other issue?

Thanks!
lortondm is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 27th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Nope, unfortunately its gone
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old April 27th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Thanks Minous.

Then please, Lone Wolf Development, please consider this a suggestion to add the feature to auto save portfolios in a future program update.

Protection for dummies.
lortondm is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old April 28th, 2021, 06:24 AM
There won't be any further feature updates to HLC (the version you're using). LW is focused on building up HLO. If they release an update for HLC, it will only include bug fixes to content with no new features.
Krothos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old April 28th, 2021, 07:59 AM
I recently took the plunge to buy HLO to use for first edition Pathfinder. I have so many specific products that I bought or third-party data packages that I was finding that, for instance, all of the characters I had from an HLC campaign that I exported up to HLC had major holes because various feats, items, etc., they had apparently weren't part of HLO.

Is there any way to get HLO to really work as an online system that parallels HLC much more closely?
lortondm is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 30th, 2021, 12:25 PM
At some point maybe...

The issue with 3pp stuff is that if it's coded wrong it can bug the server.
That is an issue for everyone that uses it.

When there is a bug in classic, it only bugs the people who are using the package.

So they need to be sure the coding is perfect for anything that goes onto HLO.
Essentially 3pp stuff probably has to be done by Lone Wolf for them to take that risk.

I'd love to have the Community Package and Spheres related stuff on HLO, and until they are the product (HLO) isn't of much use for our group.
That's unfortunate, because I was really looking forward to a few features they had advertised, like having a VTT read a live character sheet and be able to adjust stats as the HLO sheet changed... or to apply a buff/debuff to multiple characters at once, without having to add an adjustment to eight different sheets to have it all apply.

With only Lonewolf content on HLO, it would be fine for Starfinder or Pathfinder 2e, but not so much for anything that has extensive 3pp packages.
At least that is my take.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote