Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pyremius

Old November 19th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Deleting the local data and resyncing resolved the issue.
pyremius is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Geg

Old November 19th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I can see the "Enter Player Mode" Button now. Thanks

In the manual are a few more buttons:

- Journal
- Repsitory
- Dice Roller

What about them?

If these functionalities are to be released in a future release they shouldn't be in the manual.
Geg is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Gromnar

Old November 20th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Hello everyone,

Please pardon my ignorance, I'm a little new here and I have not yet found the answers to these questions. If someone would be able to answer them regarding player edition, that would be great.

1. My gaming group is online only. I've six players that are waiting for the player version. Before I tell them its available, I would be happy to buy the player version for each of them. Looking at the website, you can buy the player edition in bundles, which is great, though if I do this, how do I give one of these copies to someone else to use?
2. One of my six players has a GM version of realms works for his own game. Can he use that one to access mine as a player?

Any help would be appreciated.
Gromnar is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old November 20th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Not sure about the first question, but I cant be too hard given no single person would want 6 copies of the player version. Probably have to nominate email addresses or user names, or perhaps some form of activation code, but I am just guessing.

As to the second question, yes, your player can use the GM edition to connect as a player. Tested this with one of my players this very evening and it works a treat.
Jaynay27 is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 20th, 2014, 03:08 AM
When you buy player editions you can get activation codes to gift to whoever you want.

Parody is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old November 20th, 2014, 03:54 AM
To reinforce the above, when you buy, you are mailed a license code or codes, depending on how many you ordered.

I bought 5 copies and was sent an email that contained 5 keys - I simply emailed each player a different key.

And if one of your players already has the GM edition then they do not need the player edition to connect to your realms as the GM edition allows them to connect like a player edition.
enrious is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 20th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geg View Post
I can see the "Enter Player Mode" Button now. Thanks

In the manual are a few more buttons:
- Journal
- Repsitory
- Dice Roller

What about them?

If these functionalities are to be released in a future release they shouldn't be in the manual.
Those should be removed and should not have been included. I didn't realize they were in there. I'll make a note to have our documentation updated accordingly.
rob is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Geg

Old November 20th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Those should be removed and should not have been included. I didn't realize they were in there. I'll make a note to have our documentation updated accordingly.
..Or... you could just release these features
Geg is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 20th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geg View Post
..Or... you could just release these features
That IS the plan. And you'll find some of them on the upcoming survey to help us prioritizing WHEN they get added.
rob is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old November 25th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
At the top right of the ribbon bar, you should be a button labeled "Enter Player Mode". Click that and you should be switched over so that you only see what your players will see. You can then navigate around to review things. Just click the button again to switch out of Player Mode.
Thanks so much for thinking of this in advance. It's huge.

When we get to multiple player reveals, I hope that will be 'Player Mode as player x'.
weogarth is offline   #50 Reply With Quote