Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Diaz Ex Machina
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 64

Old April 22nd, 2022, 08:18 AM
In D&D3.5 there was a prestige class called Blackguard, which I'm trying to convert to Pathfinder. Aside from the myriad of problems I've already stumbled upon there's one that I really don't know how to handle.

As shown on d20srd.org under the Fallen Paladins entry, blackguards get additional class abilities based on how many levels of ex-Paladins they had before gaining a level in the prestige class. Is it possible to replicate this on Hero Lab Classic? If so, how can I do it?

Thank you in advance for your help and time.
Diaz Ex Machina is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ploturo
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 79

Old April 22nd, 2022, 01:11 PM
Well, there is a tag added to the Hero when it becomes an ex-member of a class that you can check for (ExMember.cHelpPal, in this case).

And there is also a tag added for each level of a class added to a character (Classes.Paladin, in this case).

I haven't worked with custom classes, so I'm a little fuzzy on the specifics of how their abilities should be bootstrapped, but you should be able to test for the existence of the ex-member tag and number of levels by using a bootstrap requirement something like

hero#ExMember.cHelpPal & (count:hero#Classes.Paladin >= 3)


http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....itle=Tag_Terms
ploturo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Diaz Ex Machina
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 64

Old April 22nd, 2022, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploturo View Post
Well, there is a tag added to the Hero when it becomes an ex-member of a class that you can check for (ExMember.cHelpPal, in this case).

And there is also a tag added for each level of a class added to a character (Classes.Paladin, in this case).

I haven't worked with custom classes, so I'm a little fuzzy on the specifics of how their abilities should be bootstrapped, but you should be able to test for the existence of the ex-member tag and number of levels by using a bootstrap requirement something like

hero#ExMember.cHelpPal & (count:hero#Classes.Paladin >= 3)


http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....itle=Tag_Terms
Tried your method to get Smite Good at Blk lvl1 with 10 levels of Pal, but didn't work.
Diaz Ex Machina is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,058

Old April 22nd, 2022, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaz Ex Machina View Post
Tried your method to get Smite Good at Blk lvl1 with 10 levels of Pal, but didn't work.

Without knowing the phase and priority of your bootstrap conditional, I can't debug this. The key question is whether the tags you want to find have been assigned yet at the time you are looking for them.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Diaz Ex Machina
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 64

Old April 22nd, 2022, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Without knowing the phase and priority of your bootstrap conditional, I can't debug this. The key question is whether the tags you want to find have been assigned yet at the time you are looking for them.
I don't think I fully understand what you're saying. I know there's some kind of priority between things, but I don't really know how to check that easily, like having a table showing which thing comes first.
Diaz Ex Machina is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ploturo
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 79

Old April 22nd, 2022, 04:14 PM
He needs the details of the containerreq element from where you bootstrapped the class ability.

For example, the timing (phase and priority) for the thing below are PostLevel 9999.

Code:
<bootstrap thing="cBlkExample">
            <containerreq phase="PostLevel" priority="9999">Example.Expression</containerreq>
        </bootstrap>

In the editor you would click on the bootstraps button wherever the ability is attached, and then the conditions button. The window that comes up should have the phase, priority, and the expression used for the containerreq "bootstrap condition".


In terms of figuring out timing, there is an overview of the phases if you go to the Help menu when the editor window is active and choose "Help on using the Editor" which actually takes you to a pathfinder reference for the editor with a link "Choosing a Phase" toward the bottom of the page.

You can get a list of the scripts that ran on a particular Pick added to the hero by right-clicking on it and choosing the "Show Debug Tasks for ..." option (or by going to Debug - Floating Info Windows and choosing "Show Selection Tasks" for anything that isn't exposed in the interface). This is generally the most useful way to see all the scripts that run from the component and thing scripts, but you have to have be looking at the right pick and sometimes the script names aren't particularly useful.

You can also get a report of the timing when every task for a portfolio is running by choosing "Show Task List (Full)" from the same menu, if you have no idea which pick(s) might be involved.

Last edited by ploturo; April 22nd, 2022 at 04:44 PM.
ploturo is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.