Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 19th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Oof... here's hoping I don't get marked as a spammer in their bug system. I covered the first four pages, checking to see if the fix was in. For the most part, it wasn't. Ah, but hopefully, now that we're re-raising them...
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old February 20th, 2014, 02:35 PM
And I've received responses on many of them, saying that they're added to the bug system, and also an email explaining that one of them is not a bug, but a feature.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 20th, 2014, 09:25 PM
They are pretty good about getting back to bug reports. I had a few for Pathfinder that were really just an error in my own reading comprehension.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old February 22nd, 2014, 12:26 PM
Is there any way that we can get a list of bugs that have been submitted to avoid duplicates?
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:12 AM
Here is what I sent today

Quote:
When I was trying to help a fellow member of the Mutants and Masterminds community, I discovered a bug in the way that Ground Speed is calculated. It appears that it only uses the character's size into consideration, which is fine in most cases but it is totally independent of the Speed power. It also precludes having a Power Flaw that reduces a character's movement rate while it is in use.

The Speed power description states "You can move faster than normal. You have a ground speed rank equal to your effect rank. This also improves all forms of movement based on ground speed." The bold and italicized sentence implies that it will augment it, but the reality of how that power is set up it only generates its own, independent, movement rate.

There needs to be a central, common Basic Speed value that is modified by Size, and can then be modified by Speed and potentially other factors (like a Power Extra or Flaw).

In the current state that is impossible. A character that might be very small gets an impressive boost from the Speed power as it totally negates that character's penalties (where it should just increase the value, eventually negating it with a high enough power level). Additionally a character with Growth of significant value actually gets SLOWER with a single level of Speed.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote