Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old February 9th, 2023, 08:47 PM
Is it always modifying trkPsiPnt? If so, then you don't need any of the pChosen stuff; that's only if the adjustment can pick from a list of things (like if your adjustment can choose whether to modify your choice of Strength, Dexterity, Con, etc.)

So if the adjustment is always modifying the same thing (trkPsiPnt), then it should go like this:

Code:
~ If this adjustment isn't enabled, get out now
      doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

~ Adjust the Psi Point tracker Max Value up or down
      hero.childfound[trkPsiPnt].field[trkMax].value += field[pAdjust].value
That second section is going to be reusable for anything that modifies the Psi Points maximum. Just change the "field[pAdjust].value" part to whatever number or variable you want to add to the maximum.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; February 9th, 2023 at 08:50 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old February 10th, 2023, 12:28 PM
I don't know why but I was making it much more complicated then I needed to.
Thanks
Provos is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old April 13th, 2023, 06:55 AM
Any suggestion on how to add an ability to a race that would let the player pick two spell like abilities for the character. In the game we have the player roll 2 d10 and they get to ability 1-10 "psi" powers. 3 of them let the players pick a sorc. cantrip.
They are then allowed to use each ability (1 psi point per level+ Intelligence modifier) times a day. I want to track it in the in play area and they are reset on a long rest. I would also like the ability they use to have a description so they know what the powers do without them having to remember.
Any help is appreciated thanks.
Provos is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 13th, 2023, 02:45 PM
You'll want to use a Configurable. That'll be the tab they select each thing from. Bootstrap the configurable to the racial ability that says "you can pick two yadda yadda yadda."

Then each pickable ability is a Custom Ability (found under Class in the editor, but they're not intrinsically linked to classes). Those abilities can be linked to the configurable, and can each have their own descriptions, trackers, etc. and are viewable in the In-Play and Specials tabs, depending on how you program them.

The simplest examples I can think for you to look at would be the Supernatural Gifts tab. Supernatural Gifts is the Configurable, and all the gifts themselves are Custom Abilities.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old April 13th, 2023, 03:28 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it out.
Provos is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old April 26th, 2023, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I can't figure out how the configurable tab thing works.
Provos is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old April 29th, 2023, 07:20 AM
OK I can add the class ability thing to the configurable item but not sure how to get the tab to show up.

Last edited by Provos; April 29th, 2023 at 07:24 AM.
Provos is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old May 1st, 2023, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
OK I can add the class ability thing to the configurable item but not sure how to get the tab to show up.
The easiest way would probably be to add a ShowTab tag and then do a <live>ShowTab.xxx</live>

Then, when you need the tab to show up, assign the ShowTab.xxx to the hero.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old May 1st, 2023, 04:30 PM
Sorry I don't understand that.

I tried to duplicate the supernatural gifts way of doing it. I created a .1st for my data file to put it where I wanted it. Then I coped the way of adding the show supernatural gifts tab and made a .1st file for that to show up in options.
They both show up where they are supposed to in the configure hero but selecting the show wild talent tab doesn't seem to do anything.

Last edited by Provos; May 2nd, 2023 at 12:38 AM.
Provos is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old May 3rd, 2023, 03:29 AM
Is there a way to allow a creature to hold medium sized two handed and versatile weapons in on hand? I think the Duel Wielder feat con be modified but want another opinion.
Provos is offline   #30 Reply With Quote