Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

Unoeye

Old August 8th, 2020, 05:39 PM
Are there plans to add the updated Starfinder Core Rulebook updates to HLO? If so, any ETA?

There was a significant update to the Enhanced Resistance feat and may be others. Paizo failed to give a narrative of what changed, but the nerf bat was used liberally and often on starship builds and to the feat noted.
Unoeye is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 8th, 2020, 10:36 PM
LW usually does updates to the HL files, once official errata is released. (I don't see any mention of Enhanced Resistance or starships in their online errata.) If you have a paizo source for changes, post a link here and/or email it to support.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old August 9th, 2020, 01:26 PM
The changes are in the updated PDF and CRB Pocket Edition. Not sure when the 3rd printing of the hardcover will hit the street, but that should also have the changes. Paizo has not released these changes as errata yet, however. The starship changes don't yet directly affect HLO, but the prices for healing serums, for instance, also changed.
flyteach is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2020, 07:45 AM
If you find something like this, please post the link to what you're referring to. And if they haven't published this in the form of an errata yet, the time required for us to compare books and find the differences may not be worth it, and we'll wait for this to be an errata and implement it at that point.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 10th, 2020, 07:48 AM
No errata has been published yet. Just the PDF of the Core book has been updated.
Dragnmoon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old August 10th, 2020, 01:33 PM
As I said, also the Pocket Edition CRB also has the changes in it. But, I don't blame you for waiting for errata....I am too.
flyteach is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Unoeye

Old August 11th, 2020, 05:47 PM
Paizo has indicated they intend to issue an errata PDF. See thread here: https://paizo.com/threads/rzs434ya?C...book-Updates#1
Unoeye is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
cybear

Old August 12th, 2020, 04:35 PM
Yes there are a LOT of changes in the updated CRB PDF that match the new pocket CRB towards the end of this goes through all the changes. https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ur2e?T...AQErrata-is-up
cybear is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2020, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybear View Post
Yes there are a LOT of changes in the updated CRB PDF that match the new pocket CRB towards the end of this goes through all the changes. https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ur2e?T...AQErrata-is-up

The link in post #1 of that thread links to an errata that says "last updated: February 09, 2018". Was there a different link in another post in that thread? I'm afraid with a hundred posts in that thread, I didn't find any others.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
cybear

Old August 13th, 2020, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The link in post #1 of that thread links to an errata that says "last updated: February 09, 2018". Was there a different link in another post in that thread? I'm afraid with a hundred posts in that thread, I didn't find any others.
here is the list I pulled together from down at the bottom of that post:

• A bunch of basic melee weapons picked up the thrown property
  • Some weapons picked up the analog property that were missing it before
  • Grenades got massive price reductions (some up to 60% off) and the stagger inflicted by cryo grenades was clarified to be 1 round
  • Explode weapons can now only critically hit one creature within their explosion.
  • Injection property has been expanded to allow other types of poisons, not just injury poisons.
  • Armor temperature protections have been changed from protect only from temps between -20 and 140F, rather than the previous wording that protected against all temps.
  • A bunch of armor descriptions now use the term "energy field" instead of "force
    field".
  • The Venom spur was given a description that makes it a basic melee weapon, rather than the weird undefined state it had before.
  • Clarifications on which magic items are worn and which are not have been added, which helps work out if you've hit your 2 magic items limit. They also
    removed restrictions of wearing two of the same "slot", so you can have both of your magic items be hats if you'd like.
  • Ring of Whispers got a range on its sense through (hearing).
  • Medicinals and poisons both got a lot cheaper. Some item levels changed for poisons too.
  • Drones now explicitly have construct immunities and the unliving trait.
  • Solar Armor is explicitly incompatible with powered armor.
  • The Technomancer's Spellshot hack has been updated to say that you get to deal weapon damage in addition to the spell damage. (Way back at release there were some debates that you only got to use your weapon's range, rather than get the weapon damage too)
  • They fixed flight completely. Now if you have average maneuverability and 5 ranks in acrobatics, or if you have perfect maneuverability, you can hover without making a check or spending a move action.
  • Survival rules for riding creatures were updated. I'm not familiar enough with the rules from Alien Archive 3 to say if this is a substantial change or just reflective of new wording from that book.
  • Various FAQ clarifications (like the android 'constructed' clarification) made it in. There's been a clean up in wording around unarmed strikes and natural weapons too, which is nice. Nothing new though.
  • Enhanced Resistance was changed to apply to your choice of only one kinetic damage type (slashing, bludgeoning or piercing) or one energy type. (Wow, the gravy train is finally over.)
  • Improved Unarmed Strike: "Your unarmed strikes don’t count as archaic and can deal lethal damage."
cybear is offline   #10 Reply With Quote