Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AbaddonAZ

Old March 30th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Hey, does anyone have an idea when they might be putting together the update for the new Vampire Counts for Warhammer Fantasy?

I'm no good at creating any files myself so I have to rely on updates. Anyway, if anyone has an answer, that would be great.

Thanks!
AbaddonAZ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old April 1st, 2008, 08:42 PM
Have you looked in the proper forum for WHFB down the main page like the descripion for this forum says to do?
Ghaz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
elvendarkness

Old April 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah, when are we going to see the update for the new Vampire Counts??????????????

I myself have check the WHFB forum Ghaz but nothing... It would be nice for the people Lone Wolf to reply to these forums and let their customers know or give them some idea of the release of the update for downloading... Communication people... Is that so much to ask for? I left this question in the WHFB forum and I even emailed a person named Kathy at Lone Wolf twice with no reply! :x
elvendarkness is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old April 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvendarkness
Yeah, when are we going to see the update for the new Vampire Counts??????????????

I myself have check the WHFB forum Ghaz but nothing... It would be nice for the people Lone Wolf to reply to these forums and let their customers know or give them some idea of the release of the update for downloading... Communication people... Is that so much to ask for? I left this question in the WHFB forum and I even emailed a person named Kathy at Lone Wolf twice with no reply! :x
Why would you be contacting LoneWolf directly for the datafile? Lonewolf provides the AB application and nothing more. The WHFB datafile is provided by users of the systems free and they are in no way associated with Lonewolf.

You may want to try contacting the WHFB datafile maintainer as he/she woudl be the person to answer your questions, not LoneWolf personel.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old April 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Communication people... Is that so much to ask for?
Had you bothered to listen to their communications you would know that all datafiles are done by volunteers. Lone Wolf has NOTHING to do with the datafiles. The most they do is give the datafile authors a forum they can use. That is why you need to post in the proper forum like the header for this forum states and stop harassing the wrong people.
Ghaz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
elvendarkness

Old April 9th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaz
Quote:
Communication people... Is that so much to ask for?
Had you bothered to listen to their communications you would know that all datafiles are done by volunteers. Lone Wolf has NOTHING to do with the datafiles. The most they do is give the datafile authors a forum they can use. That is why you need to post in the proper forum like the header for this forum states and stop harassing the wrong people.
If you bothered reading my post you would have noticed I said "whoever" is in charge needs to simply give us a update on the release, plain and simple. Secondly, if you bothered reading the title of this post it says "Vampire Counts", talk about harassing!
elvendarkness is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old April 9th, 2008, 08:05 PM
And if you would bother to listen then you would know that 1) This is not the proper place to ask and 2) You're harassing the WRONG PEOPLE. Stop being a such a hypocrite and listen to what you're being told instead of demanding that people listen to you. You might just learn something.
Ghaz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
InquisitorValdez

Old June 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Quote:
If you bothered reading my post you would have noticed I said "whoever" is in charge needs to simply give us a update on the release, plain and simple.
No they don't. Data files are written entirely by volunteers. This means that updates to them are done as and when the author is able to. There is no requirement whatsoever for an author to keep users informed of the progress of a particular file. In fact there is no requirement for an author to even update a file. Admittedly it is nice when an author has the time to inform people of issues and progress, but users have no right to demand anything. The files are provided as a courtesy for people to use. Any queries should also be courteous, rather than demanding.

If you wish to have the information for a particular army for a particular game then try writing the data file yourself. The tools and documentation are freely available.

If you would like somebody else to do the work then politely ask them to do so in the relevant forum. Warhammer Fantasy Battle has its own forum. Any questions about that data file should be asked there. This forum is for the Army Builder program itself and is for discussing bugs and issues relaing to the program itself - not for individual data files. This is the reason that the forum header specifically states to use the relevant forum for data file queries.

And before I receive a reply flaming me for this post - it is that simple. Use the WFB forum for WFB queries. Use the AB forum for general AB queries.

And remember - the data file authors create files out of the goodness of their hearts. So get rid of the attitude.
InquisitorValdez is offline   #8 Reply With Quote