Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Vornmusion

Old September 12th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I recently decided to run a couple of sessions using Roll20, for placement more than anything else (couple encounters were just blank hex grids), and had the always fun time of slogging through combat. I was, very quickly, reminded why I orginally used d20Pro in the first place. As is the program is worthless for my Shadowrun game, but for Pathfinder I still can't get over finishing a round of combat in less than 20 seconds.

Less time crunching math and more time spent on roleplaying will always be preferable to me personally. Especially with Realm Works already sucking up so much of my free time, the last thing I want to do when finally playing with my group is spend even more time effectively doing nothing in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
With the merger with Mesa Mundi and if I recall correctly, the lead dev quitting his regular day job, the necessary focus to move this program forward is there.
The Kickstarter was to afford the developer time to work on Unlimited full-time instead of as his hobby. The idea was that anything funded would be worked on full-time until realized in a release-ready state, and everything not funded would be worked on part time while they do contract work to pay their bills.

I can only trust that the developer hasn't undersold the complexity, or oversold his talent, and the funded parts of the KS can be completed with the budget provided. Since a lot of the ground-work is already done (so they say anyway) it's not as if they're starting from scratch post-funding. Here's to hoping for that February beta!
Vornmusion is offline   #32 Reply With Quote