Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

wheelercub

Old February 15th, 2017, 06:02 PM
I've been looking around the forums trying to find more information with no luck. I tried to load Hero Lab today and got an error stating that my source for 5e5EFeats no longer exists. So I looked online and it looks like the TPK feats is now a paid package. So I bought it, followed the directions to reinstate my license, and then got the same error. Next I deleted Hero Lab, reinstalled it, re-added the Community pack, and I am still getting the same error. Does anyone know what's going on?

When I load Hero Lab, none of the Community Pack content shows up, showing only one background, and all the classes I've used and worked on in the past are now missing. Any help getting Hero Lab back up and running will be much appreciated.
wheelercub is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 15th, 2017, 06:12 PM
The source is still there. Technically.

The 2 things are different though. Think of the community version of 5th Edition Feats to be completely different to the official version of 5th Edition Feats.

The error is stopping all of the user content (aka community content) not to load. That's why you can't see it.

Can you goto 'Develop' > 'Enable Data File Debugging' and then 'Develop' > 'Quick Reload Data Files'

Does this give you a better error message?
Did you download any pre-release files from the Community GitHub?

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 15th, 2017, 06:24 PM
I've sent you a PM. I'd really like a copy of the portfolio you are trying to load to so I can replicate the issue on this end and figure out how to fix it.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old February 16th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Just tried what you mentioned above using the Develop options and got the same error. Also, did not download any pre-release files from the community GitHub. I'm pretty certain it's just the 5e Community Pack.

wheelercub is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old February 16th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Okay, I had some time to look around and apparently one of the Feats I created was copied from the older 5e Community Packs. I never removed the original source, and because that's no longer there, it was giving the error and throwing my Hero Lab into safe mode. I removed it, and now most of it works fine again. There are some things changed that I have to update on my characters, but the system is loading normally again.

Thank you again for your help daplunk. If you know of any Youtube videos of the finer nuances of Hero Lab, or anyplace where I can learn the formatting and logic language, please send me a link so I can participate more and help make the Community Packs more robust.
wheelercub is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 16th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Oh excellent Was about to say I have a heap of errors from your file also but if you have found the resolution you should be ok to move things over to the official 5e Feats file (which will be functioning alot better than our was since we never finished it).

I learnt most of it just by looking at things in the editor. Feel free to pop into the GitHub and check out the Wiki, it has common code, etc. I basically update it every time i figure out how to do something since I am absolutely not a coder and rarely understand why something works.

I should make some videos on how to create basic stuff in the editor.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tooley1chris

Old February 17th, 2017, 04:15 AM
I'm getting the same error. Is there going to be an update?
Edit: Oh is this because of a file of mine?
Edit: Yep. Fixed

Last edited by tooley1chris; February 17th, 2017 at 04:28 AM.
tooley1chris is offline   #7 Reply With Quote