Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Gladiator66
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 52

Old July 15th, 2007, 05:03 PM
When selecting a "perform" category for a bard for the 1st time, Hero Lab does not subtract 1 point from the available skill points for the new character. However, Hero Lab still gives the character a +1 in that "perform" category.

Also, Hero Lab does not add up the skill points in different "perform" categories when determining if the bard is granted his or her "bardic music special" abilities. A total of 3 skill points assigned to any
"perform" category should grant the 3 special abilities at 1st level. However, Hero Lab only grants the special abilities if 3 skill points are designated in one specific "perform" category (e.g. "perform - sing").

Please correct these items in a future update of Hero Lab. Thanks.
Gladiator66 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,718

Old July 18th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Gladiator66 wrote:
>
>
> When selecting a "perform" category for a bard for the 1st time, Hero
> Lab does not subtract 1 point from the available skill points for the
> new character. However, Hero Lab still gives the character a +1 in that
> "perform" category.


I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?


> Also, Hero Lab does not add up the skill points in different "perform"
> categories when determining if the bard is granted his or her "bardic
> music special" abilities. A total of 3 skill points assigned to any
> "perform" category should grant the 3 special abilities at 1st level.
> However, Hero Lab only grants the special abilities if 3 skill points
> are designated in one specific "perform" category (e.g. "perform - sing").

Here's the text from the SRD for one of the Bard abilities:

"A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use song or poetics
to inspire courage in his allies..."

Note that it says "3 or more ranks in a perform skill", not "3 or more
ranks in the Perform skill" or "3 total ranks in any Perform skills".
This implies (to me, at least) that you need to have 3 ranks in a single
skill to achieve it - not 3 ranks spread among 2 or more skills.


--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
http://www.wolflair.com/
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kingpaul
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Girard, PA, USA
Posts: 51
Send a message via AIM to kingpaul Send a message via MSN to kingpaul Send a message via Yahoo to kingpaul

Old July 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen
This implies (to me, at least) that you need to have 3 ranks in a single skill to achieve it - not 3 ranks spread among 2 or more skills.
FWIW, that's how we interpret it as well.
kingpaul is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.