Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bensans

Old April 21st, 2007, 05:26 PM
:cry:
Hi,

I bought my copy of Hero Lab today from my local game store. I love the tool but ... the guy at the store told me the tool came with open d20 system out of the box and THEN I could download supplemental material to cover the D&D material that is not open-license ...

I was hoping to find the material from the player's handbook 2, the races series and the "Complete" series and the Psionic Handbook ...

There is NO WAY I am going to recapture all that information by myself, is there an online store from which I can download/purchase such add-ons?

Though the tool is awesome at firts glance, it is useless to me without such enhancements ...

Thanks

B.
bensans is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kingpaul

Send a message via AIM to kingpaul Send a message via MSN to kingpaul Send a message via Yahoo to kingpaul

Old April 21st, 2007, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensans
There is NO WAY I am going to recapture all that information by myself, is there an online store from which I can download/purchase such add-ons?
ATM, WotC, TMK, has not licensed out, to anyone, the rights to create/distribute datasets based on their closed content material. CMP had a license, but it expired on 12/1/06.
kingpaul is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bensans

Old April 21st, 2007, 06:58 PM
It is as I feared, thanks for the clarification ... it will sit on my shelf at home until they can get a license (if ever) ... darn!
I will not shop there ever again ... I hate this type of misdirection (the guy claimed he uses the tool all the time, so ignorance is not an excuse here)

Cool product nonetheless! Great work Lone Wolf! Too bad this is not the tool for me ...

B.
bensans is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:07 AM
My since apologies for the product having been misrepresented to you. We've tried to be clear with the packaging stipulating that we only support the d20 SRD at the current time. However, there's unfortunately not much that can be done about store employees giving out incorrect information. :-(

Quote:
It is as I feared, thanks for the clarification ... it will sit on my shelf at home until they can get a license (if ever) ... darn!
We're still trying to work towards that objective. Keep your fingers crossed. :-)

Quote:
I will not shop there ever again ... I hate this type of misdirection (the guy claimed he uses the tool all the time, so ignorance is not an excuse here)
Please send me the store name and location via private email (rob @ wolflair.com). We're leaving for a tradeshow in about 8 hours where there will be hundreds of retailers from around the globe, primarily from the US. If I have the store name and city, I can keep an eye out for them at the show. If I see them, I can make sure that they have accurate information so that other customers hopefully don't run into this problem as well.

-Rob
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote