Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action

Notices

AEIOU

Old October 5th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Thanks, BJ. I strongly feel that showing people why they can't live without RW would be more effective than telling them what it can do. I'm sure you're not at a loss for great ideas. If only the days were longer....
AEIOU is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 5th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Happy to make some more. I figure the content market is going to attract some fresh blood so having these available will certainly reduce some of the question and answer time that will most certainly follow.

Any other ideas in what should be covered?

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 5th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Would would be interesting is to have videos that walk through material on the content market, that discusses the thinking and decisions that went in to how the content was entered and organized. These would serve as both instructional/demo videos and advertisements for content available in the CM.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 5th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Not something I can do unfortunately. But hopefully LW are watching.

Their forum presence has certainly increased significantly this last week indicating to me that a milestone has been completed.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 5th, 2016, 06:43 PM
I would assume most if not all of the people who authored the realms for the CM, besides maybe the LWD folks, are restricted from talking about their work by NDA's.

I have thought off and on about doing a series of videos showing how I use RW and HL to build adventures but I've never really been sure if any one would watch them.
kbs666 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 5th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Honestly I didnt start out making this for people who already had the tool. I just wanted a quick way to respond to the "are there any good D&D5e applications for DMs" posts that make their way around the inter-webs. But with that said I am getting quite a few hits and positive feedback from people in this forum. Look's like other's are certainly interested in seeing how others use the tool.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 6th, 2016, 05:11 AM
You know, after watching your videos; what really struck me is how much time it must have taken you to enter all that data. I'm not going to lie, as a new user that is barely scratching the surface, the task ahead of me feels truly daunting.

Hurry up content market and take my money already!

Last edited by Dhrakken; October 6th, 2016 at 05:44 AM.
Dhrakken is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 6th, 2016, 05:38 AM
I had a pregnant wife who wasn't moving far and a job that ran out of work for a while lol. But yes... If I can buy this stuff on the content market I absolutely will.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 6th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I have thought off and on about doing a series of videos showing how I use RW and HL to build adventures but I've never really been sure if any one would watch them.
I suspect many people would watch them. It's quite valuable to have "how to videos" that show how to operate the programs. It eliminates a great deal of confusion over a seemingly daunting task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
You know, after watching your videos; what really struck me is how much time it must have taken you to enter all that data. I'm not going to lie, as a new user that is barely scratching the surface, the task ahead of me feels truly daunting.
Once you get the hang of it all, it's quite easy!
BJ is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Barwickian

Old October 6th, 2016, 08:31 AM
I use pretty much the same set-up as you for my Pathfinder/Runelords game, daplunk, although I didn't know the map-as-navigation-bar trick (thanks, that's going to make Saturday's session easier to manage).

I've got 8 players. The ability to integrate enemies into Hero Labs, click a button and have initiative rolled automatically is a great time-saver.

Unlike you, I do release info to the players for use between sessions, and I write a running campaign diary based on the game session reveals and a few notes made during the session - this serves as a point of entry that hyperlinks to relevant material they've uncovered during the campaign.
Barwickian is offline   #20 Reply With Quote