Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

lightpagoda

Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
i know some are out there as i have the animal and supporting character portfolios. sadly i cant remember where i found them. my assumption if not on these boards or the official MM boards would be from a google search for the portfolio file extension.

edit: and some quick googling gave me these two sites which were linked from the official MM forums -
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/herolab/
http://groups.google.com/group/mm2-h...pository?hl=en

the google one has the animals and supporting characters, dont know what the yahoo group has as I didnt join it.

Last edited by lightpagoda; January 2nd, 2010 at 11:41 AM.
lightpagoda is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
I believe there was a post or two where Colen said he was having to give some love to the other systems. And, I would assume, that it'd be most efficient to try to have as many portfolios as possible before finalizing what may be a major update, which is why this thread was created.
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
Ah, just for the sake of clarification, the animals and supporting characters in the link provided are those by ProdigyDuck on the Atomic Think Tank. They differ from the ones in the book and there are more of them.
Duggan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Ah, just for the sake of clarification, the animals and supporting characters in the link provided are those by ProdigyDuck on the Atomic Think Tank. They differ from the ones in the book and there are more of them.
Yeah, I actually keyed those in, at least the Animals & Beasties. They should be zipped up with all my anal-retentive notes. Nice to know they're still circulating.

I should go back and finish updating those for UP at some point.

Edit: From what I understand PDuck actually adapted those from another RPG, so while personal use would be fine, I don't think packaging them with HeroLab would be strictly kosher, even with PD's permission.

Last edited by JDRook; January 9th, 2010 at 07:18 PM.
JDRook is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
Are these archetypes already accessible, or are they for the next planned update? The first post made it sound like they're in there already, but I haven't been able to find the Instant Superheroes templates...

Thanks in advance!
These are for the next planned update. I'm churning through 150+ emails from over the holidays right now, but once that's handled I want to do a small M&M update with a few critical bug fixes and the new stock portfolios before I turn to other things. Hopefully that'll happen today.
Colen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Added Agent archetypes from Agents of Freedom and Freedom City to first post.
Colen is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old January 5th, 2010, 09:04 PM
D'oh! Sorry, all- evidently the image files for each of the archetypes I submitted didn't translate properly... Colen, let me know how this might be fixed.

Nathan
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Jalinth

Send a message via MSN to Jalinth

Old January 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I'm going to keep working on the demons from the Book of Magic. The Succubus I submitted was in that last update, and I've got a Demon, Lesser input but not double checked. I'll email it along after I do so. I like to sit on these files for a day or two, so that I can recheck everything with a clear head. Posts to the ATT are easy to edit. Updates going out to lots of people in this format? I'll recheck my work.
Jalinth is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 View Post
D'oh! Sorry, all- evidently the image files for each of the archetypes I submitted didn't translate properly... Colen, let me know how this might be fixed.

Nathan
Nathan - We shrink the size of the images before we send out the stock portfolios, so if you're noticing that they're lower quality than normal, that's unfortunately intentional. Just adding the stock heroes that you guys submitted added ~12mb to the Mutants & Masterminds download size - having the full-size images included would only balloon it more.

We're looking at a way to reduce the size of stock portfolios right now, so hopefully we can ameliorate this in a future release of Hero Lab.
Colen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalinth View Post
I'm going to keep working on the demons from the Book of Magic. The Succubus I submitted was in that last update, and I've got a Demon, Lesser input but not double checked. I'll email it along after I do so. I like to sit on these files for a day or two, so that I can recheck everything with a clear head. Posts to the ATT are easy to edit. Updates going out to lots of people in this format? I'll recheck my work.
Rechecking is good, but if someone spots a bug, I can always stick an updated version of the NPC into a future update.
Colen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote