Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Mindblank

Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
If there's one or two of those and the retry doesn't work, just select Skip instead of retry (after trying retry when it's almost done). HL will generate data files with what it has... So far my 20 or so 4e characters haven't been affected. Personally, I think it's bad data in the compendium that's referencing something that either no longer or never exist(s/ed)
Ok I'll give it another go and see what data will be present when I try to make a character.
Mindblank is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
knight2142

Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
I can get through the download perfectly (just takes a while) but as soon as the data tried to load the DDI download program fails, leaving my 4e ability dead. Any ideas?

I have a win7 basic netbook and tried running the program in compatibility mode with admin rights.
knight2142 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mindblank

Old January 4th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight2142 View Post
I can get through the download perfectly (just takes a while) but as soon as the data tried to load the DDI download program fails, leaving my 4e ability dead. Any ideas?

I have a win7 basic netbook and tried running the program in compatibility mode with admin rights.
This is what happened to me as well when I used the "skip" alternative (I was running Windows in normal mode though).
Here are some images and system info, if it helps:

Download failing:

Program locks up:

Program stops working:

Here is some system info:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD Z15N011, 9/30/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Locale Sweden
Time Zone W. Europe Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.57 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.60 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB
Mindblank is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 4th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday when I tried to run it to update it. I wonder if there's some piece of funky data in that portion of data that causes it to crap out?

I've got a backup of the previous downloaded 4e data that I had that's in working shape. If you need that, I can email it to you so that you can get 4e back up and running until this is fixed.
TehBagder is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Ravenspoe

Old January 6th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I am glad I am not the only one. My patience is running thin on this process. today I am trying for the 3rd time on two different machines. Even the one that is wired is doing the same thing.

I want to stop DDI and throw more money at the Hero Labs folks, but until I can get my stuff into the Hero Lab software I have to continue to pay WotC

Help!
Ravenspoe is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the report, I'm looking into this problem now.
Colen is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 7th, 2012, 04:04 AM
I'm going to retry running it this weekend to see if I get the same result.

Also, I might take a look at the source code to see whether it's worthwhile working on a native Mac alternative, or a pure Java one instead that can be used by both Mac and Windows.
TehBagder is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Mindblank

Old January 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBagder View Post
I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday when I tried to run it to update it. I wonder if there's some piece of funky data in that portion of data that causes it to crap out?

I've got a backup of the previous downloaded 4e data that I had that's in working shape. If you need that, I can email it to you so that you can get 4e back up and running until this is fixed.
Thanx for the offer. I'm OK for now though as it is at least two months left before I start up my new campaign (maybe I'll join the New Year Game thingy the Gnome Stew guys started http://www.newyearnewgame.com/)

I'm glad the developers start looking into the issue though. Good luck guys *cheers*
Mindblank is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
No worries. I'm currently in the middle of redownloading the Feats, as I want the updated files myself.
TehBagder is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old January 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
If any one is interested. Themes have been added to the compendium. Maybe that has caused some of the recent problems.
DMayhew469 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote