Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Exitilus

Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slywolfe View Post
In your Page Setup, do you have it set to print background (colors & images) in the options?
Excellent! That fixed it. I've been scratching my head like a monkey on that one. And I call myself a computer tech ...
Exitilus is offline   #241 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old December 4th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I thought I mentioned this, But awhile back you added melee to Thrown Weapons, problem is not all Thrown Weapons have Melee attacks...

Example My Alchemist is showing the Melee Attack for Bombs, you can't use Bombs for Melee.

Anyway this can be fixed?
Dragnmoon is offline   #242 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old December 4th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Am I correct that you're printing with Firefox? I've seen that happen in my testing with that particular browser. If you (temporarily) print from IE9, you'll get the correct output.

Just FYI... the popular browsers are *wildly* different WRT their printing capabilities. I'm working on a new version of the sheet that I'm hopeful will cover up some of these printing differences while still letting me keep the advanced features of the sheet.
That is indeed the problem, but IE9 won't let me use your control panel check boxes. (It just doesn't do anything when I click on a check box or try to change a pull-down tab.)

It's not a big deal, though, because that small problem with the two overlapping areas is a small issue and one I can live with.

Thanks for all the help.
Kinnakeeter is offline   #243 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old December 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeeter View Post
...IE9 won't let me use your control panel check boxes. (It just doesn't do anything when I click on a check box or try to change a pull-down tab.)

That sounds like you have JavaScript disabled or are not clicking the "Allow Blocked Content" button that comes up at the bottom of the screen when the page loads. Could that be it?
AncientOne is offline   #244 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 4th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armidale View Post
"Armidale's Pathfinder Sheet" updated to Version 3.12:
  • Fix skills display and output options pane when viewed in Firefox
  • Update look of "pointy" headings to match sheet in core rulebook
  • Try to avoid splitting feat/ability/spell full descriptions across page breaks (requested by Dragnmoon)
  • Fix type labels after abilities to correctly match race or class (reported by Dragnmoon)
  • Fix spell tracking boxes for a spontaneous caster with an archetype
  • Display disarm/sunder attack bonuses on all weapons if character has a disarm/sunder feat (requested by Kinevon)
  • Display drag/reposition attack bonuses on trip weapons
  • Display grapple attack bonus on grapple weapons
  • Display bull rush attack bonus on spears/polearms if character has "Sweeping Fend" ability. This was the last piece of making all weapon-using maneuvers be displayed per weapon (requested by blzbob)
  • Denote opposition school abilities as such in the special abilities list on page 2
  • List all feats on page 2 even when output option to hide common proficiencies in full list is set (as suggested by Kizan)
  • Increase font size of experience block on Pathfinder Society format sheet, to match the PFS standard format
Is there a way to save this sheet as a non-hypertext file? I like the presentation but am hesitant to print sheets using it as they seem much longer than the regular ones hero lab gives me. I was just doing a 1st level fighter and felt that 9 pages was a little much for that.
RavenX is offline   #245 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old December 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Is there a way to save this sheet as a non-hypertext file? I like the presentation but am hesitant to print sheets using it as they seem much longer than the regular ones hero lab gives me. I was just doing a 1st level fighter and felt that 9 pages was a little much for that.
I can put forward a couple of options (not specific to Armidale's sheet). These don't change the actual layout of any page(s).

1) Your browser should allow you to print specific pages. You could use your 'Print Preview' feature to decide what pages you want and then only print those.

2) You can 'print' any page from your browser into a PDF file. There are free tools that enable this (I use CutePDF, but I'm sure there are others). Then you could print pages from the PDF as desired.

... of course, you can combine #1 and #2, and 'print' only certain pages into the PDF in the first place.
AncientOne is offline   #246 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old December 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks ^_^ One of the reasons I use Hero Lab is for the ability to save sheets as PDFs. I have had players come to games walking in the rain only to arrive and find their sheets are destroyed. They like the PDFs because they have an electronic sheet... one that can be used via a Kindle.
RavenX is offline   #247 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 4th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:

2) You can 'print' any page from your browser into a PDF file. There are free tools that enable this (I use CutePDF, but I'm sure there are others). Then you could print pages from the PDF as desired..
This what I do to create the samples of the sheets on the wiki. I use PrimoPDF which is also free.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #248 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old December 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:

That sounds like you have JavaScript disabled or are not clicking the "Allow Blocked Content" button that comes up at the bottom of the screen when the page loads. Could that be it?
The javascript problem is the answer, but I'm not certain what I'm doing wrong - I get an error telling me "expected object not found". I can't seem to find a setting to turn javascript off or on. Since I use Firefox most of the time, I'm a little rusty on IE.

Kinnakeeter is offline   #249 Reply With Quote
FCWesel

Old December 6th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Ancient One,

Again, I love this character sheet. Thanks very much for getting the Personal/Background field into it. Awesome.

I have noticed one strange hiccup.

The Encumbrance/Money sections seem to break into and overlay upon one another. I have noticed that sometimes it appears to fine, but when printed or Print Viewed, even, it messes up. Mainly it looks like the money title bar is lost completely and the gold/silver/etc lines are on top of the light/medium/etc loads lines.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again for all your great work.
FCWesel is offline   #250 Reply With Quote