Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Okay, I hadn't studied your script well enough. I had missed seeing something you did have there. Sorry about that.

For floor, you can use round(something,0,-1) (ceiling is round(something,0,1)).
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Flappi

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:48 AM
It's an optional rule from the unearthed arcana, 3.5e.

The optional rule doesn't exist in Pathfinder, but it's still in use for some people. It's a good rule for any character with massive multiclassing; even if the player don't like multiclassing (straight classes are powerful in Pathfinder), it's still useful for some NPC: let's say the DM want to create a derro arcane trickster, the NPC will have four classes (derro 3 HD, sorcerer 4, rogue 1, arcane trickster N).
Flappi is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imper1um View Post
Is this a house rule?

I can't find anywhere in Pathfinder it says that this case even exists...+0+0 = 0. >.>
This is a house rule that was suggested in the "Unearthed Arcana" book for d20. Looking at the progressions for saves and attacks, you can see where 1/2's and 1/3's might be present, but were rounded down - so only doing the rounding after totaling everything is more advantageous to multi-class characters.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Flappi

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
so only doing the rounding after totaling everything is more advantageous to multi-class characters.
And you obtain less distortions between saves: a multi-class character generally ends up with some very high saves (because each class with a high save adds a flat +2), and some very poor saves (same reason as BAB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Okay, I hadn't studied your script well enough. I had missed seeing something you did have there. Sorry about that.
You don't have to be sorry: since I wrote the script, I must be able to explain it (or I should have written more comments).

Last edited by Flappi; June 28th, 2010 at 09:00 AM.
Flappi is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
blakeb

Old April 14th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Hello,
I'm wondering if this was ever incorporated as standard in Herolab? If so, I can't find it. There is the check box in character configuration for "open content from Unearthed Arcana" but I'm not really seeing what options that opens up.

Thanks!
blakeb is offline   #15 Reply With Quote