Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Quintain

Old March 24th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Does anyone have any tips/tricks to have a single entry referenced in multiple sources without having to copy the entry and thus have naming conflicts?

Is there a option to have a "contained article" simply point to a different article or automatically import the "master article"?
Quintain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old March 24th, 2019, 10:55 AM
I think this could be implemented with similar functionality to the alternative names system that is already in place. The alternative name is "greyed out" in the tree view -
Quintain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ash Nazg

Old March 25th, 2019, 10:49 AM
If I understand the question correctly, it sounds like you're asking about single-sourcing content for inclusion in multiple articles/topics, so you can have the same text appear in multiple articles/topics via some sort of referencing method. Basically, instead of displaying a hyperlink to the source topic, display the actual content instead. Is that correct?

I was wondering about this myself. This could be a very, very useful feature. Especially since you could (conceivably) edit the source topic/article and the content could update wherever it's used.

I personally see this being useful in a variety of ways particularly, for me, so I can include mechanics information directly in other topics/articles. But also so I can include other content.

Ideally, this sort of feature would be available to link content from the topic/article level, section level, and snippet level, but any one of those would be useful if the ideal wasn't possible (especially snippet-level). I see this as a type of snippet (or section) that, upon insertion, asks you to pick the linked content, much as you do when creating new content but possibly including sections and/or snippets in the source-selection tree.

Just my $0.02,
~Ash
Ash Nazg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Teresa

Old March 25th, 2019, 11:40 AM
I think you are suggesting something similar to this requested feature:

8) Allow the tooltip for a topic/article link to be a user defined text snippet defaulting to the overview snippet. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61552)

Last edited by Teresa; March 25th, 2019 at 11:40 AM. Reason: correction
Teresa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote