Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Psyker01

Old November 1st, 2010, 04:49 PM
I just got the AB disk and on the back of the case shows a picture of an iphone
with a sample army list on it with the quotation "mobile device sample output" underneath the pic. But there seems to be no such app for the iphone. Is there such a thing for the iphone?
Psyker01 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
I cannot speak for Rob or Colen, and Army Builder isn't actually an app I use, but I know Hero Lab comes with a number of output options in text and PDF. It looks like Army Builder describes a "Mobile Output" on its details page.

Quote:
Mobile friendly output - Save your roster to a "mobile friendly" output format, for viewing on your iPhone or other mobile device. Touch a unit name and it expands, displaying all the unit details - touch it again to hide it. Unit options can also be displayed with a single touch.
Unfortunately, output is disabled in demo versions, but it sounds pretty cut and dried.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
You can just save your rosters as HTML or XML and use your phone's browser to view it. There's no mobile app.
gilvagor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyker01 View Post
I just got the AB disk and on the back of the case shows a picture of an iphone with a sample army list on it with the quotation "mobile device sample output" underneath the pic. But there seems to be no such app for the iphone. Is there such a thing for the iphone?
There is a special output option from within the Windows version of Army Builder. That option generates a file that is optimized for viewing on small handheld devices like the iPhone. It allows you to eliminate the printed roster and use your handheld device at the table in its place.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote