Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Frodie

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I am working in the alt Racial Trt tab and I want to see if I can get the Array Based Menu to go higher than 9 inputs.

Thank you
Frodie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Please expand on what you've asked. I'm afraid you didn't say enough about the problem for me to understand your question.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Under the Item Selection, I want to add some custom txt in the Array Based Menu, (just various things to choose from), but it's a long list.
Frodie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM
What I am doing is adding the "Creature Weaknesses" from the MSRD to the Modern Pathfinder. I would like to add the various Weaknesses to pick from. The Array Based Menu under the item selection works great, but the list is much more than 9. I tried to added 10 using note pad, but I got an error that it was too much for the array. Any way around that? I can just leave it blank and have a user txt box and they can put in whater they want, but a list to go by would be cool.
Frodie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM
This is the txt from the User file:

<thing id="rashweak" name="Creature Weaknesses"

description="http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/weakness.html\n\nAlthough a creature&apos;s type and species

determine many of its traits and abilities, GMs are encouraged to alter a creature&apos;s physiology, behavior, abilities, tactics, and defenses when it

serves the story or to confound players who think they know everything about their opponents. \n\nThe rules provided allow GMs to build custom monsters and

ascribe special qualities to them. When designing a creature, the GM should also think of ways the creature can be defeated. From the heroes&apos; point of

view, a creature&apos;s weaknesses are more important than its abilities. Assigning weaknesses to creatures gives under-powered or poorly equipped heroes a

fighting chance.\nTable: Sources of Weakness lists many sources to which a creature may be vulnerable. A source can be a specific object, location,

substance, sound, sensation, or activity. How the creature interacts with a source of weakness is left up to the GM, although most sources must be in close

proximity to the creature (if not touching the creature) to affect it. GMs may roll randomly on the table, choose a source that suits the creature, or devise

their own.\n\n{b}Source Effects{/b}: \nAfter determining a creature&apos;s source of weakness, the GM needs to decide how the creature reacts when confronted

by the source. Pick an effect that seems appropriate for the creature and the source.\nA creature gets either a Fortitude or Will saving throw to overcome

or resist the source of weakness; the DC of the save varies depending on the source&apos;s strength:\n\nStrength of Source Save DC \nEasily resistible

10 \nModerate 15 \nStrong 20 \nOverpowering 25\n\nCreatures usually react to

a source of weakness in one of six ways:\nAddiction, Attraction, Aversion, Fascination, Fear, and/or Harm" compset="AltRaceTrt" summary="See Creature

Weakness in MSRD" uniqueness="unique">
<comment>MSRD</comment>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="0" value="Alcohol or moonshine"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="1" value="Amber"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="2" value="Animated cartoons"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="3" value="Archways"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="4" value="Bells or chimes"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="5" value="Books written by William Blake"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="6" value="Bunnies"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="7" value="Cancerous organs"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="8" value="Carbonated soft drinks"/>
<arrayval field="usrArray" index="9" value="Cats"/>
<usesource source="Modern" parent="ModPath" name="Modern Core"/>
<tag group="SpecType" tag="Weakness" name="Weakness" abbrev="Weakness"/>
<tag group="User" tag="NeedDomain" name="NeedDomain" abbrev="NeedDomain"/>
</thing>
Frodie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM
can I make a custom expression, with just plain txt?
Frodie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
With that many options, can you just use the "User Text?" checkbox instead of the Array-Based Menu, and let the user enter whatever they want, instead of you having to present every option they could possibly choose?
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote