Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I guess its been two or three months since the last time this issue came up. Here's Lone Wolf's answer as to why they DON'T make the WHF files: http://support.wolflair.com/index.ph...ewtopic&t=8263

Please remember that the datafiles are created by volunteers, and rather than compaining that they aren't available, you should lend a hand with creating them.
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
sea1swk

Old December 6th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgehl
I guess its been two or three months since the last time this issue came up. Here's Lone Wolf's answer as to why they DON'T make the WHF files: http://support.wolflair.com/index.ph...ewtopic&t=8263

Please remember that the datafiles are created by volunteers, and rather than compaining that they aren't available, you should lend a hand with creating them.
I got a better idea, if Lone Wolf wants us to purchase and renew, they need to volunteer themselves to create the files. I'll never pay for AB again, until the Warhammer files are released in a timely fashion. I predict that other products, web site driven, will replace AB soon. Sorry to be harsh, but this is the only reason for me to use this product. It is sad it works this way for new releases, as it is a good product.
sea1swk is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
GreenTea

Old December 6th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea1swk
I got a better idea, if Lone Wolf wants us to purchase and renew, they need to volunteer themselves to create the files. I'll never pay for AB again, until the Warhammer files are released in a timely fashion. I predict that other products, web site driven, will replace AB soon. Sorry to be harsh, but this is the only reason for me to use this product. It is sad it works this way for new releases, as it is a good product.
I have to admit, when I purchased Army Builder, I had no idea that they were not supporting the lists internally. I bought the program early 2008, and I still haven't been able to use it to come up with my WoC fantasy list. Granted, GW boned WoC players by releasing a get-you-by list instead of just issuing a new armybook and leaving the old one as-is, but regardless, I feel greatly annoyed.
GreenTea is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old December 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Normally the data files come out about a month after the book is released. Everyone just has to be patient a bit longer. Rob posted a detailed reason why they don't make the data files. You can read it here. It's well worth a read.
http://support.wolflair.com/index.ph...ewtopic&t=8263
gilvagor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
hulk54

Old December 8th, 2008, 04:03 PM
started working on data file today. I got most of the spells, items, and characters overwritten, but I am having one hell of a time getting AB to load. I keep getting a page of errors everytime it loads. Just saying, I am working on it, not just complaining, but if anyone wants to jump in, or post what they have been working on, maybe we could all take sections at a time, etc...
hulk54 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Taubay
Volunteer Data File Author

Old December 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM
hulk54 have a look at the section on debuging in the AB creator manual
if you have installed AB creator in the default folder it should be here file:///C:/ArmyBuilderEX/docs/kit/kit_started.htm#debug

that will help you in debuging your issues
Taubay is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Drow

Old December 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
hulk ... I'll take a few sections ... i'm kind of a noob to it all but i'll try... do you use "x-fire" or "windows live"...
Drow is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
hulk54

Old December 10th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I am using the ABC creator. I have most of the items done, got warriors and Marauders done today. At least I got it to work as an army. The .aug file is done too. There are some nuances I simply don't get, but I am borrowing a lot from the old chaos list. I will post my partially completed one soon. After that, how do we do sections apart?
hulk54 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Vohar

Old December 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous. hulk54 asked back in October if a list was being worked on; months later he's trying to learn the system so that he can do it. Kudos to him for that, but it's totally unacceptable that he even has to do that.

NOWHERE on the product box or even on the website's product description does it say that volunteers are required to make their own data files. In fact, it states: "Data files are separate from Army Builder. However, they are provided as free downloads that are retrieved directly by the product. This method allows the data files to be updated regularly as new supplements are released for games, and it allows user to download the specific files for the games they want. "

I feel like I've been ripped off. The 'license' only lasts for a year, and the program is useless while it's not updated to have the army I play. The website doesn't admit anywhere that users create data files. From the 'games supported' page: "Data files for dozens of games systems have already been developed, and more are in the works. Offered below is a list of the game systems for which Army Builder data are available as of the latest update to this webpage."

They imply all the way through that Lone Wolf DEVELOPMENT is developing these, not the users. They aren't actually developing anything.
Vohar is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
hulk54

Old December 12th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I have no pride on the line here, so if someone has something that is better than this, please fix mine or ignore it, but what I started is in the download section. Sorry I haven't had a chance to get to more of it yet.
hulk54 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote