Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

bendecovics

Old June 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I have just got army builder v3 but there are no midwar lists for Afika and Ostfront, I know they used to exist in v2 as a friend of mine had them. I assume Im an idiot and doing something wrong can someone please point me in the right direction.

Cheers
bendecovics is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
InquisitorValdez

Old June 19th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Check www.datafilesrus.com to see if there is a file there - otherwise it means that there probably isn't a file for AB3 yet. All the files are written by volunteers so there is no guarantee that a file will be available.

If this is the case you have two options:

1) Write the file yourself. Download ABCreator and have a go at creating the file yourself. It can be a steep learning curve but it is very satisfying when you finally get it working!

2) Search these forums for the Conversion tool to convert AB 2 files to AB3 format. How well this works depends on the files in question but it should help you get hold of a workable file.

Personally I recommend you have a go at making your own file. It can be quite fun - if a little bit frustrating!

Hope this helps.
InquisitorValdez is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 19th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Actually, he's asking if specific sourcebooks have been released for an existing set of data files. I don't play FOW, but I do see that the FOW files are updated relatively often, so I would presume that those are on the to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Taubay
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 25th, 2008, 10:41 AM
bendecovics

the Afika and Ostfront, are in the v3 version of the FoW datasets

click on the clipboard icon in the create new roster area (where you choose the company type) and you have the option to pick a briefing there

hope this helps

Mike
Taubay is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TrueRonin

Old August 24th, 2008, 05:17 AM
The old OOB dataset (called FOW) has been discontinued and will eventually get reworked into the newest called FOW v2. However you should still be able to get a working dataset (FOW) from Battlefronts forum by link.
TrueRonin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old August 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
When you open up AB and choose the Flames Of War (V2) (or FOW2) files, stop and read what it says instead of immediately clicking the 'OK' button.
Ghaz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote