Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AllusiveMan

Old January 22nd, 2024, 06:00 PM
I created a custom item for my pf1e game. Looking for opinions on how to price it.

Quote:
Rod of extra passage
CL 12
Category: Rod
Weight: 5 lbs

Three times per day, when casting a spell from the conjuration (teleportation) school, you may add a bonus of +3 to your caster level. This bonus is temporary, ending as soon as the spell resolves.
In effect, this lets you take one extra person on a teleportation spell, and perhaps travel a little bit further. I can't really think of any way to abuse it. Thoughts? How much do you think it should cost. (and if you don't mind, explain how you arrived at that number)
AllusiveMan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 22nd, 2024, 10:33 PM
I'd make it a one level Metamagic Rod with the usual lesser/normal/greater prices. It's not as good as what Empower would do if you allowed it to affect the number of targets (1-3 extra Mediums, case depending), and that's a two level Metamagic effect.

If you think that's too much, cut the prices in half like the zero level Metamagics. It is rather limited.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AllusiveMan

Old January 22nd, 2024, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the reply! I had actually kinda settled on a price of 25,000 in my mind, which is right in line with the greater version of a +1 level metamagic rod (24,500 gp). I think I'll take your suggestion and run with it, creating a lesser, normal, and greater version.

Oh, and one of my friends suggested I rename it to Stowaway Rod, which I rather like.
AllusiveMan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote