Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

gmerrick

Old May 12th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hello, I am in the process of moving a character I play in a campaign from the old character builder over to Herolab. Tonight I was given the item Ioun stone of allure and upon entering it into the character sheet I noticed that the +5 damage buff is not being added into the spells.

Also as a storm sorcerer I have the staff implement, I have a +3staff as well as a +1 staff of knives for those times when I'm just tooo close to the action. with the dual implement spellcaster I should be able to have an implement in my main hand and off hand. Herolab complains when I have both items equipped, but still give the +1 bonus.

The other thing I notice is that Tempest Magic Feat is not being added into the damage. According to CB i should be doing at least +19 points of damage
(not including the ioun stone), where as on herolab I am doing +15 damage.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the configuration or if HL is not doing something.
gmerrick is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gmerrick

Old May 14th, 2012, 01:29 PM
According to the data faile ddi_items.dat here's the data for the item:

<thing id="mgIouAll21" name="Ioun Stone of Allure" description="{b}Head Slot{/b}225,000 gp{br}{br}Property: You gain a +4 item bonus to Charisma-based skill checks and Charisma ability checks. You also gain a +5 item bonus to the damage rolls of Charisma-based attacks." compset="MagicItem">
<fieldval field="mgLevel" value="21"/>
<fieldval field="mgFlavor" value="This pink and green sphere increases your presence and force of personality."/>
<usesource source="MordensEmp"/>
<tag group="Rarity" tag="Rare"/>
<tag group="ItemSlot" tag="isHead"/>
</thing>

Most of what needs to be here is missing I will re-download the dataset over night and see what happens.
gmerrick is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gmerrick

Old May 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I re-downloaded the data from the site and I notice that this item and many others are missing data related to how they work. I am not sure if this is being done on purpose or what the case may be. It certainly brings into question the usefullness of using this product for 4th edition if the data sets cannot be trusted. Over to you Wolflair, any suggestions, comments?
gmerrick is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2012, 09:01 AM
It looks like the script for that item isn't set up properly, so it isn't adding the damage bonus. Thanks for the report - I'll log this in our bug list.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gmerrick

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
It looks like the script for that item isn't set up properly, so it isn't adding the damage bonus. Thanks for the report - I'll log this in our bug list.
Any way of looking at the original code downloaded from DDI? there are other items as well from that codex that are not being imported properly.
gmerrick is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
gmerrick

Old June 13th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
quick question. What is the average development cycle turn around time for bugs?
gmerrick is offline   #6 Reply With Quote