Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

JeffK88

Old January 18th, 2014, 10:37 AM
You have skills like Craft, Profession, Knowledge. Which can contain a lot of sub skills. So if I add a new class, and they are skilled at Knowledge skills.

What if I want to add a new group of skills. Like Psychic Skills from AEG? Can I add them in the same manner as custom skills?
JeffK88 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 18th, 2014, 10:50 AM
This is better asked in the forum for the rule set you want to use.. Pathfinder or d20, it sounds like.

However.. the knowledge, craft, etc. skills in those are defined in the data sets for the game rules before a character can add them. At some point, you would need a data set that adds the skills.. either created yourself in the Editor, created by the community, or created and sold by the publisher.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JeffK88

Old January 18th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
This is better asked in the forum for the rule set you want to use.. Pathfinder or d20, it sounds like.

However.. the knowledge, craft, etc. skills in those are defined in the data sets for the game rules before a character can add them. At some point, you would need a data set that adds the skills.. either created yourself in the Editor, created by the community, or created and sold by the publisher.
Thats what I was kind of saying. If I create a custom data set, is there something special I need to set, to make a skill part of a group of skills like craft (alchemy) is a craft skill. As for the correct forum, as I stated in the subject message, I wasnt sure if this is the right place, but since this question would apply equally to both of the suggested forums by you, then I wouldnt know where to put it, hence why I put it here.
JeffK88 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 18th, 2014, 07:17 PM
It is my understanding that the editor does not support making "skill groups" like Knowledge, Craft, Profession, etc. in d20-based games. I am fairly certain that is the case with Pathfinder, but I am much less certain about d20. That's in large part because, while the games are related, the data sets are structured differently, and an answer that applies to one doesn't necessarily apply to the other.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JeffK88

Old January 19th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
It is my understanding that the editor does not support making "skill groups" like Knowledge, Craft, Profession, etc. in d20-based games. I am fairly certain that is the case with Pathfinder, but I am much less certain about d20. That's in large part because, while the games are related, the data sets are structured differently, and an answer that applies to one doesn't necessarily apply to the other.
So the logic that is used for knowledge skills (like how a wizard has a class skill knowledge: All and it replicates itself across all knowledge skills), is not repeatable with a custom skill?
JeffK88 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JeffK88

Old January 19th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Well nevermind my entire question, I looked at the wizard class, and there isnt even a single "group". Sorry about the confusion/waste of time.
JeffK88 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote