Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Parody

Old March 14th, 2014, 02:04 PM
So when you're busy adding, updating, and tweaking a bunch of topics it can be annoying to constantly click the Edit button/hit Ctrl-E to enable and reenable Editing.

It would be great if there was a setting (perhaps a toolbar...err...ribbon toggle button) that automatically turned on Edit when you navigate to a new item or made Editing always enabled.
Parody is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 14th, 2014, 04:45 PM
There are a number of other methods already. Here are two I can think of immediately:

1) If you click on the tools icon next to a Snippet and choose "Add Snippet Below" or "Add Snippet Above", when you add the snippet, the whole topic enters edit mode automatically.

2) Double-clicking in a snippet enters edit mode immediately.

Last edited by Silveras; March 15th, 2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Danged typo
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 15th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Another thing of note, originally RW was always in Edit mode. It was a far worse development experience than you might expect. That is why things are not in Edit mode unless you tell it to be so. Believe me, it wasn't a better option, it's far better the way it is now.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 17th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
1) If you click on the tools icon next to a Snippet and choose "Add Snippet Below" or "Add Snippet Above", when you add the snippet, the whole topic enters edit mode automatically.
I have yet to use this feature, but that is what I would expect. (When you create something, you can actually create it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
2) Double-clicking in a snippet enters edit mode immediately.
That I didn't know. It's helpful but hidden and overlapping UI. (Ex: I double-click on a word to select it and the entry goes into edit mode and deselects the text?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Another thing of note, originally RW was always in Edit mode. It was a far worse development experience than you might expect. That is why things are not in Edit mode unless you tell it to be so. Believe me, it wasn't a better option, it's far better the way it is now.
What were the issues involved? I can't find any forum threads about it, but I haven't done an exhaustive search.

It seems weird to me for Realm Works to not be able to act like every other content creation application I have and let you edit without further user action. This includes DB apps I've made in Access and (way back when) FileMaker Pro. I can understand wanting to have a browsing mode, but I'd like to have an editing mode too.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote