Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

Darius Silverbolt

Old May 17th, 2021, 06:43 AM
All,

Its neem 8 months from this post.
https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64733

In that time how many backlogged releases have we gotten for Starfinder?

Only 3 AP's of 8 have any support in HLO. The signal of screams AP was last released on Jan 2019. 29 months later and you haven't released a thing.

Where is the promised starships?

We got AA4 and that is basically all we have seen. There isn't any starfinder news on the website and none of the social media platform.

Is it time you guys give us the truth of production? It seems like a dead product. Its been treated like a dead product.

I am at the point where I am going to treat it like a dead product and stop funding my online account.

Your online forums barely even function and crash so much its hard to communicate with you and you haven't setup an alternate means.

Your lack of communication has been staggering.
Darius Silverbolt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old May 20th, 2021, 06:58 PM
They have been releasing fixes to Starfinder in the last two patches. I know starships have been discussed but no date given but it was on the list of things to do. The forums never really recovered from the outage a while back
marroon69 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Darius Silverbolt

Old May 23rd, 2021, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
They have been releasing fixes to Starfinder in the last two patches. I know starships have been discussed but no date given but it was on the list of things to do. The forums never really recovered from the outage a while back
True on the forum. I think switching over to something much more reliable such as Discord would be better in many ways. Not a perfect answer but easier.
Darius Silverbolt is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dax Thura

Old June 16th, 2021, 01:12 AM
I, too, am frustrated with the lack of support for the Adventure Path line in Hero Labs.
Dax Thura is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old June 17th, 2021, 06:31 PM
Well, at least they added support for the Galaxy Exploration Manual and the Alien Character Deck today!
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Geodragon

Old June 18th, 2021, 04:19 AM
But, still no AP content padt a certain point. In SFS, you can spend points or have gotten boons to play certain AP races, such as Planar Scion races like Undine from Dead Suns.
Geodragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Tohmaturge

Old June 18th, 2021, 03:10 PM
This latest newsletter did make me wonder what's LWD process for deciding which SF content to implement... Why concentrate on Galaxy Exploration Manual and not Dawn of Flames / Attack of the Swarm APs ?

I'll always be glad we get new material. I'm just interested into the decision process
Tohmaturge is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dax Thura

Old June 22nd, 2021, 11:40 PM
I'll always be glad for new material as well. However, I expect it to have all of the available material. That's why I spend my money to have the service. Otherwise I could save the money and just do it by hand.
Dax Thura is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old June 23rd, 2021, 08:00 AM
It's hard to tell what drives decisions. I know transparency can be a double-edged sword, as some people will set hard expectations based on what's shared. But personally, I think LW would benefit from some combination of publishing their roadmap, making feature requests public and able to be voted on by the community, and insight into how their teams work.

In the agile teams I've coached, transparency is paramount in building trust with your stakeholders. Of course, they've been at this a long time, and may limit that transparency to internal product owners because they've learned the community isn't very flexible when things don't work out.

Last edited by mototom; October 30th, 2021 at 02:59 PM.
mototom is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Geodragon

Old July 1st, 2021, 07:41 AM
So, I see Pathfinder AP is pretty close to up to date. While Starfinder is so far behind. I'm missing SFS sanctioned content and allowed content with boon/ACP from Adventure Paths (example, Planar Scions such as Undines), and then there are the Themes like Battle Medic.

When will we see the Starfinder AP stuff? I'm not concerned with the GM stuff, I want the player stuff added.. The character generator is why I got the original HL, and when HLO had SFS as the flagship product, it seemed pretty good and I invested in it.. But now.. It's so far behind on SFS AP stuff, it's causing me to lose interest, since that's what I need it for the most.
Geodragon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote