Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 20th, 2014, 10:34 PM
A new release of Realm Works is now available! This new version includes a couple of meaningful enhancements, along with a bunch of small refinements and some bug fixes. The first of the new enhancements is the addition of a new “loop friendly” plot layout option that will greatly improve the usefulness of plots that involve loops, plus it will sometimes yield a more appealing diagram for plots without loops. Give it a try with some of your plots and see what you think! The other new enhancement is the expansion of the “Quick Create” dialog to provide a variety of new capabilities, including container assignment and control over auto-assigned tags. This should make the use of Quick Create significantly more flexible and useful across all content, as well as speeding up content entry overall. Please note that this release requires you to update the client before you can sync to the server.

Our primary focus over the past few weeks has been Player Edition, so we thought you’d welcome an update on our progress. At this point, we have most of the pieces in place, and we’re starting to do meaningful testing of everything in concert together. We begin extensive, in-house testing this coming week. Once key pieces seem to be working for us internally, we’ll begin rolling out functionality to the Beta team in stages so they can test everything out, and we’ll fix whatever issues they uncover before releasing to everyone else. Based on our current progress, we’re projecting that Player Edition will officially release in about four weeks, although we’ll be doing our utmost to get it out sooner if at all possible.

Thank you for your continued support! And stay tuned for further updates in the upcoming weeks as we work to get Player Edition officially into your hands!

New Details: Realm Works Release 1.0.8 (06/24/14 at 9:48 pm PDT)
A new update has been released, which fixes many of the crashes users have reported since the last update. Thank you for reaching out to us so promptly, and for your patience as we worked to put out the fix.

Last edited by liz; June 24th, 2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Update for 1.0.8 release
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 21st, 2014, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Our primary focus over the past few weeks has been Player Edition, so we thought you’d welcome an update on our progress. At this point, we have most of the pieces in place, and we’re starting to do meaningful testing of everything in concert together. We begin extensive, in-house testing this coming week. Once key pieces seem to be working for us internally, we’ll begin rolling out functionality to the Beta team in stages so they can test everything out, and we’ll fix whatever issues they uncover before releasing to everyone else. Based on our current progress, we’re projecting that Player Edition will officially release in about four weeks, although we’ll be doing our utmost to get it out sooner if at all possible.
SWEET!

My players and I look forwarding to beta testing!!!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 21st, 2014, 01:06 PM
I'm getting frequent crashes with the message "Containment linkage to target does not exist" since the patch. I sent the first as an error report. I had not encountered this error prior to patch.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 21st, 2014, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I'm getting frequent crashes with the message "Containment linkage to target does not exist" since the patch. I sent the first as an error report. I had not encountered this error prior to patch.
I bet this was when deleting a smart image from a topic? If so, this is an issue that has been reported and will be fixed in a release to come in a few days. See the thread here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49742
davidp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 21st, 2014, 05:56 PM
I am seeing the same message when saving a topic after removing its container; no editing of smart images involved.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 21st, 2014, 06:52 PM
Today's issue was with a smart image. Last night was deleting a container and reassigning to another existing. After trying a few times with crashes, I gave up on adding rooms to a dungeon container....
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
hananack

Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
yes i am getting this when i try to remove a container from a topic and try to save it afterwards. and also when i'm trying to delete a smart image snippet.

I am waiting for the fix
hananack is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:16 PM
As always, please submit a bug report. However, we're working on another update to fix these issues. This update should go out no later than Tuesday.
liz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
lancealittle

Old June 23rd, 2014, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
I bet this was when deleting a smart image from a topic? If so, this is an issue that has been reported and will be fixed in a release to come in a few days. See the thread here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49742
im getting this error too, in my case nothing to do with smart images - just container topics
lancealittle is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 24th, 2014, 08:50 PM
A new update has been put out that should fix the issues that have been reported. Thank you for your patience, and for reporting the crashes to us!
liz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote