Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old October 6th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Is there a way to add check boxes for items with charges and ammunition?

What about PC Pics?
Dragnmoon is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
First of all, armidale thank you very much for your sheet, you have gotten the nearest to what I am looking for for PFS.

Here are things that I am not sure are workable but are comments on the PFS sheet, some I have mentioned before but i am consolidating it.
  • Untrained Skills are showing up on the Skills section, is there anyway to remove them when you don't take ranks in them?
  • Traits are missing
  • Any way to add check boxes for items with charges and ammunition?
  • White Space, there is a lot of it, anyway to make the sheet adjust so it re-sizes to fill that white space?
  • Can you make the PFS Logo larger?
  • Anyway to add PC portraits?

Once again thanks for your work on this!
Dragnmoon is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
Doomknife

Old October 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah, the issues I pointed happen with all the current custom sheets.

Just to narrow it down: I made a lv. 7 rogue with 18 dex, weapon finesse, weapon focus with rapier and equiping a +1 rapier. I got to the following math: BAB +5, DEX +4, Rapier +1 and Weapon Focus +1 w/rapier = +11 to hit. Thing is, the sheets display only +9, which is BAB + DEX.

EDIT: I thought I'd mention that it is displayed correctly on the standard sheet.

Last edited by Doomknife; October 6th, 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: clarification
Doomknife is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 6th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Looks like Traits are not showing up on the Custom Sheets

Armidale, thanks for the PFS sheet, I will take a closer look at it and give advice on other adjustments.
Can you provide more information on your traits problem? They show up on all the custom sheets that are indexed on ShadowChemish's site. Some show up in their own section, and on others they show up under Special Abilities (for my custom sheet they're under Special Abilities because the standard sheet in the core rulebook has no separate section for traits). But I see both the short name and the long details of traits on all the custom sheets I checked.

Let me know if you have any requests for my standard format sheets.
armidale is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 6th, 2011, 05:57 PM
armidale tried to post this here, but for some odd reason he was not able to, I am re-posting it here so other can get involved.

Q: Untrained Skills are showing up on the Skills section, is there anyway to remove them when you don't take ranks in them?
A: Yes I can make it controlled by the "Hide Unusable Skills" checkbox under Configure Hero. Thanks for the suggestion, the next version will have this.

Q: Traits are missing
A: Can you provide more info? They show up for me fine under Special Abilities (both in the short list on page 2, and in the full details on the later page.)

Q: Any way to add check boxes for items with charges and ammunition?
A: Yes. Where would you like to see them? For ammo, I'd personally like to see them in the Ammunition box of the weapon section. However HL doesn't provide a way to match ammo with weapons right now. Would checkboxes in the Gear section be sufficient?

Q: White Space, there is a lot of it, anyway to make the sheet adjust so it re-sizes to fill that white space?
A: Not sure yet. Anything in particular you'd like to have resized to fill the space?

Q: Can you make the PFS Logo larger?
A: I could, but doing so takes more vertical space which may push some weapons to an overflow page. This issue is basically caused by the HL requirement to display the HL logo. Suggestions welcome

Q: Anyway to add PC portraits?
A: Yes, I can do this in the next version. Since there's no space on the core rulebook or PFS guide formats, it'd have to go on a later page to maintain consistency with the standards.
Dragnmoon is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 6th, 2011, 06:08 PM
So in reply to my reply of his reply..

A: Yes I can make it controlled by the "Hide Unusable Skills" checkbox under Configure Hero. Thanks for the suggestion, the next version will have this.

Cool!

A: Can you provide more info? They show up for me fine under Special Abilities (both in the short list on page 2, and in the full details on the later page.)

Traits are not showing up on any of the characters I load, Feats and class abilities show up but Not Traits.

A: Yes. Where would you like to see them? For ammo, I'd personally like to see them in the Ammunition box of the weapon section. However HL doesn't provide a way to match ammo with weapons right now. Would checkboxes in the Gear section be sufficient?

If you want to stick to the PFS sheet format can you add it to another page maybe? Add a Tracked Resources section like the Hero Labs Sheet?

A: Not sure yet. Anything in particular you'd like to have resized to fill the space?

Well comparing the sheet to the "Offical Sheet" The Weapon section and Skill section seem to be much smaller then the "Offical Sheet" .

A: I could, but doing so takes more vertical space which may push some weapons to an overflow page. This issue is basically caused by the HL requirement to display the HL logo. Suggestions welcome

Hmm, well to tell the truth for my personal use I delete the HL Logo. Maybe move the HL Logo to the very end of the sheet, is there a requirement of where that has to go?

A: Yes, I can do this in the next version. Since there's no space on the core rulebook or PFS guide formats, it'd have to go on a later page to maintain consistency with the standards.

For this I would suggest doing a Separate version one with out the Portrait and one with, not everyone likes adding them. A Good idea if it can be done would to add the Background Information section if possible and add the portrait there.
Dragnmoon is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 6th, 2011, 06:43 PM
The spam filter on this forum is occasionally overenthusiastic, but right now, it seems to really dislike armidale and Kizan, and its flagging most of their posts for moderator approval. I've been trying to keep an eye out for their new posts and approve them as soon as I can.

I don't see anything about their posts that would accidently trip a spam filter, so I don't know what's going on.
Mathias is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old October 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The spam filter on this forum is occasionally overenthusiastic, but right now, it seems to really dislike armidale and Kizan, and its flagging most of their posts for moderator approval. I've been trying to keep an eye out for their new posts and approve them as soon as I can.

I don't see anything about their posts that would accidently trip a spam filter, so I don't know what's going on.
Wow I got a bad SPAM "reputation". My mom will be so proud! :-)

Kizan
Kizan is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I just tested it on a non PFS character, and Traits are not showing up.

Edit: Just tried all the Custom sheets, non of them are showing Traits.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; October 7th, 2011 at 10:24 AM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
Tasha

Old October 7th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post

I keep running into that issue myself

Esp if my post runs long
Tasha is offline   #130 Reply With Quote