Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ASqirrel258

Old April 21st, 2021, 11:11 AM
I have recently started reviewing an Adaptive Shifter Grappler that I made a while back, since I should be playing him again, and I've ran into a slight problem. It seems that I have somehow obtained a +4 racial bonus to my CMB grapple check. It does not apply to my grapple CMD. My character is a human, and I have taken off all of his magic items, gotten rid of all adjustments, unchecked every box under the in play tab, and it still persists. Are unexplained bonus's a bug with Hero Lab Classic? I've been using it for a while, and I haven't had something like this happen before.
ASqirrel258 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old April 21st, 2021, 01:21 PM
Doesn't the Grappler gain the grab ability to one of its attacks? This would provide a standard +4 CMB to grapple checks.
Krothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ASqirrel258

Old April 21st, 2021, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry, I should have been a bit more clear. He is a full shifter, 10th level, so he doesn't have the grab ability until he wild shapes into something with grab. As a human, he still has the mystery +4 racial to Grapple.
ASqirrel258 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 21st, 2021, 11:40 PM
Have you taken the Reactive Form "Evasive Form"? (You get one every two levels.)
"The adaptive shifter gains compression, a +4 dodge bonus to her CMD against grapple combat maneuvers, and a competence bonus equal to her Wisdom modifier on Escape Artist checks."

EDIT: Sorry, got the CMB and CMD confused. Maybe post a copy of your portfolio and we can take a better look at the Hero.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; April 23rd, 2021 at 12:24 AM.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ASqirrel258

Old April 22nd, 2021, 12:28 PM
No, I do not have the reactive form "Evasive Form". I don't believe that would have solved the problem anyway, as the racial bonus is only to my grapple CMB, not the CMD. The forms I have selected are: Adaptive Defense, Resistant Form (twice), Sensory Form, Sky Hunter Form (twice), and sprinting form. I don't think any of these would give me a racial bonus to grapple. I also have the feats improved grapple and greater grapple, but those are labeled as untyped bonuses. As noted above, I have also removed all magic items and spell adjustments. There still remans a weird +4 racial bonus to my grapple CMB.
ASqirrel258 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ASqirrel258

Old April 23rd, 2021, 09:45 AM
My bad, I did not even realize I could attach my profile, I would have done it from the start, lol. So, here is my profile. In it, you will see two characters. The first one is my original creation, which has the +4 Racial bonus to grapple. The second is a duplicate I made so I could try and figure out where the bonus came from, but it doesn't have the bonus. I fully acknowledge that this bonus is probably some kind of bug or glitch or whatnot, I just don't know how it got there, as I couldn't even find any kind of trait, feat, or ability that would give +4 racial to grapple.
Attached Files
File Type: email Adaptive.por (127.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by ASqirrel258; April 23rd, 2021 at 10:02 AM.
ASqirrel258 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:33 AM
Report this as a bug - it's the Sargassum Fiend polymorph adjustment - it's applying its racial bonus even though the polymorph is turned off (and actually, racial bonuses to polymorph wouldn't be something you should get from an active polymorph either).
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:37 AM
Oh, and for future reference, here's how I found that:
In the develop menu, make sure "Enable Data File Debugging" is checked.
Right-click the grapple listing in the Basics summary, and choose "Show debug field histories for XXXX"
filter for "racial", and then look for a value of 4, and see what script is responsible for that.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
ASqirrel258

Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:40 AM
Thank You, I really appreciate this. This has been bugging me for a while.
ASqirrel258 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote