Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

CoyoteGospel

Old November 6th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Will HLO be supporting the APG playtest that was just released for P2?

I know during 1st edition, it was very common for HeroLab classic to have the playtest classes available.
CoyoteGospel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 8th, 2019, 06:48 AM
Not at this time. We have a full house working on upcoming PF2 & Starfinder books as well as Shadowrun 6 and all our previous commitments. We just don't have the resources to commit to it this time around.
BJ is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old November 8th, 2019, 09:04 AM
@BJ- does prior commitments include the Campaign Theater? Haven't heard anything about that in a while, wondering if it's coming anytime soon.
magpi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old November 9th, 2019, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Not at this time. We have a full house working on upcoming PF2 & Starfinder books as well as Shadowrun 6 and all our previous commitments. We just don't have the resources to commit to it this time around.
This is very disappointing. My groups use Hero Lab exclusively for our gaming sessions and without this support, will be unable to participate in the playtest. Can I please request that if you have no ability to be able to support Pathfinder fully as you have done in the past, can you at least allow some kind of editor to be available for HLO so that I can build this stuff myself. This would help us to not be isolated from the Paizo gaming community.

To make this a little clearer for you, if one of my players now wishes to play one of the playtest characters, I will have to refer them to another character sheet to design their character with, after they have already purchased all of the base packages for HLO Pathfinder which are available.......

Not acceptable Lone Wolf, not acceptable
talsharien is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old November 9th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
Not acceptable Lone Wolf, not acceptable
I'm ok with it. Paizo is kicking stuff out at an incredible rate right now. Plus new SR, campaign theater. Are you saying PCGen is going to support the playtest, because that is the closest to Herolab.
Toblakai is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 9th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
To make this a little clearer for you, if one of my players now wishes to play one of the playtest characters, I will have to refer them to another character sheet to design their character with, after they have already purchased all of the base packages for HLO Pathfinder which are available.......
Or house-rule that playtest classes are not allowed - since sometimes they change quite a bit before publication due to being over/under-powered.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old November 9th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Or use the play-test rules with a paper character sheet!
It's not fair to say you can't participate in the play-test just because LW hasn't done a free HL package for it.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 10th, 2019, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Or use the play-test rules with a paper character sheet!
It's not fair to say you can't participate in the play-test just because LW hasn't done a free HL package for it.
Aren't PF2 and DND5 supposed to be simpler systems so they don't need the power of HL to enforce 20+ different temporary/switchable bonuses across all skills and attacks?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old November 10th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Just because you all choose not to use the playtest doesn't mean that everyone makes the same choice. Pure and simple, Talsharien was highlighting how the current approach isn't meeting their or their groups' needs. Don't jump on them for that.
magpi is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 10th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpi View Post
Just because you all choose not to use the playtest doesn't mean that everyone makes the same choice. Pure and simple, Talsharien was highlighting how the current approach isn't meeting their or their groups' needs. Don't jump on them for that.
I think Talsharien's choice of words was more aggressive than those who suggested alternative approaches.

Farling

Farling is offline   #10 Reply With Quote