Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you want to see?
AI - Backgrounds 3 15.00%
AI - Items 2 10.00%
AI - Monsters 3 15.00%
ERftLW - Aberrant Dragonmark 5 25.00%
ERftLW - Items 6 30.00%
ERftLW - Monsters 4 20.00%
Essentials Kit - Items & Charms 3 15.00%
Essentials Kit - Monsters 3 15.00%
Essentials Kit - Sidekicks 2 10.00%
GGtR - Items & Charms 2 10.00%
GGtR - Monsters (including Krenko's Way) 2 10.00%
Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio - Monsters 5 25.00%
MTOF - Demonic Boons 2 10.00%
WDH - Items 3 15.00%
WDH - Monsters 2 10.00%
WDotMM - Items 3 15.00%
WDotMM - Monsters 3 15.00%
Vehicles (GoS, AI, BGDiA) 2 10.00%
Something else (post about it) 3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Fenris447

Old January 28th, 2020, 07:08 AM
Now that we've gotten out a release, I'm curious what everyone is looking for next from the community pack. I have my own things that I'm working on next(anyone running ToD and GoS should be excited). But I want to make sure that the work going in is going to be used.

One note: I personally will probably not be interested in programming any third-party material, aside from perhaps the newest version of the Blood Hunter. Anyone else is welcome to contribute such content, of course.

Okay, two notes: the Artificer is probably never going to be perfectly implemented in the community files. There are technical limitations that LWD has confirmed they will not help us overcome.

So here's the question: what 5e content do you need that isn't in yet? If you could pick, what would you put in the next release?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MardukBathory

Old February 27th, 2020, 08:58 PM
"Something else"

Unearthed Arcana: Modern Magic. A surprising number of campaigns I've been in or have been invited to have been in modern day or futuristic settings. I asked a while back, last year I think, and I was told to leave a request in the gitHub. Somebody responded but nothing happened, and I didn't want to pursue it because I felt like it'd make me the asshole, since I obviously have nothing to contribute.

I found it odd that all of the other UAs from around the time were added, but not that one. I kept expecting it to make it but I realised it must have been skipped intentionally for one reason or another
MardukBathory is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Venger

Old February 29th, 2020, 04:19 AM
Curious, What is GoS?
I am interested in vehicles.
Particularly sailing ships.
Particularly sailing ships that fly.
Particularly sailing ships that fly in space
Venger is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 29th, 2020, 11:36 AM
GoS = Ghosts of Saltmarsh. There aren't any spaceships in official 5e content (yet?). But if someone can program the basics for vehicles into the Community Pack, it shouldn't be too hard to develop spaceships based on those.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old February 29th, 2020, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
GoS = Ghosts of Saltmarsh. There aren't any spaceships in official 5e content (yet?). But if someone can program the basics for vehicles into the Community Pack, it shouldn't be too hard to develop spaceships based on those.
Might allow for a Spelljammer-type setting too!
wynlyndd is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Venger

Old March 1st, 2020, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Of course, I didn't think of Saltmarsh! The Statblocks are similar to a PC's. That would be an excellent early adaptation.
*wheels grinding* programming the basics, would entail more than building ship heros yes?
The underdark of HL is still mostly a fog of war to me, but if I can help... Inputting data, I have time to spend on it, I'd be doing it anyway.
I'm no code guru but I've weaved a line or two, not afraid to hack a line.
But still, I have a lot to learn about "things", heck I haven't even found the link to the authoring kit yet and dont even know how to get into the underdark, but Im exploring

Quote:
Might allow for a Spelljammer-type setting too!
We have an accord! GoS mods would allow enough to run an early SJ campaign and I bet the SJ ships would be similar enough if/when released not to break the game. And also for Pirate adventures

Last edited by Venger; March 2nd, 2020 at 06:06 AM.
Venger is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 2nd, 2020, 06:05 AM
I've spent a small amount of time thinking about the ships, but haven't actually tried anything as far as coding. Indeed, I think the base ship should be treated like a Hero, especially since WotC also started with a stat block.

The individual hull pieces are the first major hump. I would think we'd want to treat them like minions of the main ship "hero," though I'm not sure we can automatically add them whenever a ship is added to a portfolio. The only other solution I could think of was to make each piece of the ship an individual ability of the main hero, each with their own tracker for measuring their HP.

Fenris447 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Venger

Old March 2nd, 2020, 08:56 AM
Individual hull pieces?
Is that Ship upgrades and such augmentations in GoS?
Venger is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 2nd, 2020, 09:37 AM
No I mean things like the Weapons, Helm, Sails, etc. Each of them has their own pool of hit points and their own AC, independent of the ship's Hull AC and HP. I would think an elegant solution for vehicles would have those components act as parts of a greater whole ship Hero. The alternative is to have each one be its own entire Hero, with each ship added as an entire portfolio. No thanks.

Fenris447 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Venger

Old March 2nd, 2020, 11:06 AM
Oh, true... each "thing" having it's own AC, HP, etc,

So I'm just on Tut #2 now, doing the Bogus creature, thanks for the replies, they help
noob observation; HLC currently can't handle those particulars per "thing", nor can it be tricked into doing it... True/False?

So the aforementioned alternative "ship" would have to consist of the sum of it's parts as (a .por)? and would be as a party of heros
*mind blown*

I begin to see the problem

Last edited by Venger; March 2nd, 2020 at 11:21 AM.
Venger is offline   #10 Reply With Quote