Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

muffalohat

Old February 11th, 2020, 03:02 AM
I can totally understand new mechanics not being incorporated, especially from a UA or whatever. What baffles me is patch notes claiming that they *are* implemented, creating an expectation that otherwise would not exist.
muffalohat is offline   #781 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 11th, 2020, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffalohat View Post
I can totally understand new mechanics not being incorporated, especially from a UA or whatever. What baffles me is patch notes claiming that they *are* implemented, creating an expectation that otherwise would not exist.
Can you send me a link or screenshot of where we have notes saying they're implemented? That would be a mistake on our part and I would want it corrected.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #782 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old February 11th, 2020, 05:38 PM
Oh! I just saw the note that it was just a source that was added, but no actual stuff was implemented.
Brolthemighty is offline   #783 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 14th, 2020, 01:48 PM
You guys got to me. I'm going to try and implement at least some of the simpler parts of the CFV UA. At least the selectable stuff like fighting styles, metamagic options, etc. Anything that takes a significant time investment will probably have to wait until this stuff becomes official before it's worth the effort. But the easier stuff...let's try it.

If anyone has already done some work on Class Feature Variants, any work at all, good or bad, can you send me a copy? I don't want to put in the time on something that someone else has already figured out. Fenris447@gmail.com

Also, does anyone know how we'd go about doing the expanded spell lists in a way that can be controlled with a source? The only way I know how is to do an ExtendThing, but I don't see any option to limit that to only when a particular source is selected.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #784 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old February 14th, 2020, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Also, does anyone know how we'd go about doing the expanded spell lists in a way that can be controlled with a source? The only way I know how is to do an ExtendThing, but I don't see any option to limit that to only when a particular source is selected.
I don't think you can do it with extend.

I think what makes the most sense is to copy of those spells, add the new classes to it and do a "replaces thing id" to generate the preclude since the preclude uses a source.
dungeonguru is offline   #785 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old February 16th, 2020, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
I don't think you can do it with extend.

I think what makes the most sense is to copy of those spells, add the new classes to it and do a "replaces thing id" to generate the preclude since the preclude uses a source.
If any of you figure this out, I'd like to know, because I used extend to add those spells, but didn't realize that custom file was on all the time and is not toggle-able.

Think I've figured it out

Last edited by wynlyndd; February 16th, 2020 at 05:17 PM.
wynlyndd is offline   #786 Reply With Quote
MardukBathory

Old February 27th, 2020, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Luirru, have you downloaded the latest update to the community pack through Hero Lab? The Eberron stuff is in there. If you follow the instructions from the first post of this thread, then select the Eberron stuff from the Configure Hero window, you'll see it.
I seem to be having a similar problem.

I've checked that everything is up to date and I have both the Wayfairer's Guide and Rising from the Last War available, but the Artificer class isn't appearing on the class list when I go to make a new PC.

I have tried it with both books selected, and then with only one, and then the other selected, and it still doesn't appear. The only version of the Artificer I can get to load is from an early UA.
MardukBathory is offline   #787 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 28th, 2020, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardukBathory View Post
I seem to be having a similar problem.

I've checked that everything is up to date and I have both the Wayfairer's Guide and Rising from the Last War available, but the Artificer class isn't appearing on the class list when I go to make a new PC.

I have tried it with both books selected, and then with only one, and then the other selected, and it still doesn't appear. The only version of the Artificer I can get to load is from an early UA.
We haven't released an official Artificer. There are major programming issues that LWD has stated they won't help us overcome. The most recent version of the Artificer available (albeit not 100% functional) is in the 2019 Artificer UA.

Always check the Release Notes to see what is and isn't in a Community Pack release.

Fenris447 is offline   #788 Reply With Quote
MardukBathory

Old February 29th, 2020, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Release Notes to see what is and isn't in a Community Pack release.
Got it, thanks
MardukBathory is offline   #789 Reply With Quote
Phenrom

Old March 1st, 2020, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the latest update
Phenrom is offline   #790 Reply With Quote