Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

wynlyndd

Old February 7th, 2020, 10:41 AM
There's a bug in the SRD with one of the magic items. I have fixed it locally by making a copy and appending "_corrected". However, sometimes I accidentally use the wrong one. I was wondering if there was a Replaces tag to make Hero Lab always use my version instead of the default one which is wrong?
wynlyndd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 7th, 2020, 10:50 AM
I think there is actually a field for this in the new Thing's editor screen. Maybe on the right side? I don't have HL in front of me but it should be there.

I haven't ever used it, but I'm interested in seeing how it works. I believe we use it to replace the SRD tiefling as well.

Also, I'd love to include any fixed items like that in the Community Pack, so by all means submit it!

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old February 7th, 2020, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
I think there is actually a field for this in the new Thing's editor screen. Maybe on the right side? I don't have HL in front of me but it should be there.

I haven't ever used it, but I'm interested in seeing how it works. I believe we use it to replace the SRD tiefling as well.

Also, I'd love to include any fixed items like that in the Community Pack, so by all means submit it!

Whoa. I think I did it. Looking at the tiefling, I saw a bit of XML in COM_5ePack_PHB - Races.user

Quote:
<preclude id="rTiefling" source="5ePHBCP"/>
So I added a preclude tag to my custom .user file, guessing what the source is.
Quote:
<preclude id="stFrost" source="5eDMGCP" />
I only see one Staff of Frost listed when I go add a Magic Item, but it is mine and it is corrected!

Here is from my file:
Quote:
<thing id="isSCMStfFrt" name="Staff of Frost" description="You have resistance to cold damage while you hold this staff.{br}The staff has 10 charges. While holding it, you can use an action to expend 1 or more of its charges to cast one of the following spells from it, using your spell save DC: cone of cold (5 charges), fog cloud (1 charge), ice storm (4 charges), or wall of ice (4 charges).{br}The staff regains 1d6 + 4 expended charges daily at dawn. If you expend the last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff turns to water and is destroyed." compset="Staff">
<fieldval field="miAttunTxt" value="requires attunement by a druid, sorcerer, warlock, or wizard"/>
<fieldval field="trkMax" value="10"/>
<tag group="ItemRarity" tag="VeryRare" name="Very Rare" abbrev="Very Rare"/>
<tag group="Usage" tag="Charges" name=" charges" abbrev=" charges"/>
<tag group="Helper" tag="NeedAttune" name="Requires Attunement" abbrev="Requires Attunement"/>
<tag group="Helper" tag="ShowSpec" name="Show Spec" abbrev="Show Spec"/>
<bootstrap thing="spConeCold">
<autotag group="ChargeUse" tag="5"/>
<autotag group="Helper" tag="ItemSpell"/>
<autotag group="Helper" tag="StaffSpell"/>
<autotag group="Usage" tag="Charges"/>
</bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="spFogClou">
<autotag group="ChargeUse" tag="1"/>
</bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="spIceStor">
<autotag group="ChargeUse" tag="4"/>
</bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="spWallIce">
<autotag group="ChargeUse" tag="4"/>
</bootstrap>
<eval phase="PreLevel" priority="5000">doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
doneif (field[gIsAttuned].value = 0)

perform hero.assign[DamageRes.dtCold]</eval>
</thing>
<preclude id="stFrost" source="5eDMGCP" />
Now I have no idea where to go from here to help add it to the cause.

but now that, I've figured it out, I had filed a bug report and they responded that they reproduced the bug and are looking into it. lol

Last edited by wynlyndd; February 7th, 2020 at 04:49 PM.
wynlyndd is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old February 8th, 2020, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynlyndd View Post
So I added a preclude tag to my custom .user file, guessing what the source is.
Just to help clarify, the source that you provide to the preclude is one that you want to "trigger" the replace. This is the checkbox on the hero configuration screen (the first screen or the Ctrl-K).

Since the Staff of Frost is in the SRD it has a generic source we don't see so your guess was pretty good to put it in with the other DMG items.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old February 8th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
Just to help clarify, the source that you provide to the preclude is one that you want to "trigger" the replace. This is the checkbox on the hero configuration screen (the first screen or the Ctrl-K).

Since the Staff of Frost is in the SRD it has a generic source we don't see so your guess was pretty good to put it in with the other DMG items.
Ah. some if sourcebook has a Ring of Whatzit and I like my Ring of Whatzit better, I Preclude it by giving the source. gotcha
wynlyndd is offline   #5 Reply With Quote