Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

xWhiteGodx

Old September 26th, 2019, 03:37 PM
I don't know if people have been wanting it or not, but I've been working on (the past year off-and-on) the Kineticist class from Pathfinder by converting it to a 5e format and making changes to descriptions to fit 5e's (such as removing the Move action text in a block). If people would like it added to the community files, I can toss it that way once I get the 4 core elements down (Earth, Fire, Water, Air). I plan to add everything in the class from the info I can find, so that includes Aether and Void (Wood is pointless).

Cheers!
xWhiteGodx is offline   #741 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old September 26th, 2019, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post

For PC:
Go to here.
Find the Clone/Download button and download a zip of the current master branch.
Unzip that downloaded file into your HL 5e data folder (default: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e).
Restart Hero Lab if you had it open.
Pray it works.
If it doesn't delete anything that starts with COM_ in that 5e folder and re-download the supported version.

That's about as nontechnical as I can put it. If you know how to fix .user files or troubleshoot, you can take a chance with the not-fully-tested files or provide feedback in the issues section of the github.
Makes perfect sense, thanks.
clavin123 is offline   #742 Reply With Quote
LiamChgo

Old November 7th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Is there any ETA on when to expect the next community pack update with MToF as well as fixes to the previous pack (such as Tiefling racial feats not working for Tiefling characters)?
LiamChgo is offline   #743 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old November 11th, 2019, 05:30 AM
Anyone working on the new UA Class Variants? I have been messing with it and got a working version of the Ranger (not the beastmaster options yet) and the Sorcerer. I had to create them as new classes similar to the revised ranger, which was a real pain since you can't tag stuff in the SRD I had to make copies of a lot of stuff and include it in my new file. For the Ranger I tried to make it so each variant feature was a choice between the original feature and the new feature but you can only do up to 5 custom abilities like that in HLC so the Fade Away/Hide in plain sight options I just had to make 1 feature that simply says "Choose one of the following" but you will see both descriptions on your character sheet. I added the fighting styles as well but I don't know how to do eval scripts so not sure how to add the bonuses for the thrown or unarmed fighting. The druid cantrips work though!

Curious if anyone else is doing this too and how, and if it will be part of a future com pack update.
joe2chillo is offline   #744 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old November 11th, 2019, 09:29 AM
As much as I approve about many of the things in this new UA article, I am supremely upset at the lack of respect shown for the wizard in ti. As such, I will be boycotting all things associated with this particular UA article. I will NOT be the one putting in any time at all on it. If someone else wants to start chipping in on helping with the Community Pack, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have enough on my plate that I may never get completed. Also, of note; the cantrip ability for 1/2 caster's CANNOT be implemented currently due to hard coding in the program itself. I have asked several times since the concept was first introduced in the UA Artificer 2019, and so far we have had no joy on that front.

Odds are, the UA Artificer will never make it into the Community Pack, and I don't know if a finalized version of the Articier will make it due to current coding issues.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #745 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 11th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Since UA articles tend to change after feedback, I'm not sure anyone really wants to tackle it right away anyway.

The simple things, like the new fighting styles, metamagic options and pacts/invocations are likely to show up eventually since they don't involve touching the base class or making a copy of one. There is a post floating around showing how to make these items and how to extend the spell lists.

The big replacements/enhancements are likely to be problematic though. I've played around with them but a lot of scripts get broken in the subclasses. For example if I duplicate warlock, the #levelcount[Warlock] calls would all need to be replaced in warlock abilities to allow for the new ID of the duplicate (which would be something like UAWarlck
dungeonguru is offline   #746 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 12th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Adding new versions of each class is probably a non-starter, due to the issues dungeonguru outlined. Could another approach possibly be adjustments that replace the features? I can't claim to know how to put restrictions on them, but if we could make them class- and level-specific adjustments, that would give players the ability to choose whether to turn them on or off.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #747 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old November 12th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
As much as I approve about many of the things in this new UA article, I am supremely upset at the lack of respect shown for the wizard in ti. As such, I will be boycotting all things associated with this particular UA article.
Wait, wut? Isn't this them trying to catch the other classes up to Wizards in the first place?

DM, exRealmWorker, Character Sheet Hacker, Gamer
Ambush is offline   #748 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old November 12th, 2019, 09:17 AM
I added the metamagic options for Sorc as well as additions to the spell list into a file. But how do I get this file to be "toggle-able"? I would like to be able to turn off these lest I forget and think they are always an option (like if I have a character under a different DM who doesn't allow). Is this possible without creating a revisedClass?
wynlyndd is offline   #749 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 12th, 2019, 09:46 AM
wynlyndd, we'll need to add a source for this UA. I can take care of it, if you like. Once that's done, we'll assign the metamagic options (and everything else from the UA) to use that source. Then players can toggle the source on and off in each Hero's configuration screen.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #750 Reply With Quote