Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

talsharien

Old November 10th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpi View Post
Just because you all choose not to use the playtest doesn't mean that everyone makes the same choice. Pure and simple, Talsharien was highlighting how the current approach isn't meeting their or their groups' needs. Don't jump on them for that.
Thanks Magpi, that is exactly my point, and opinion. My games were forced online a number of years ago due to geography, life etc. Herolab is an essential tool for me to maintain my games.

When HL fails to support my gaming requirements, it makes things very difficult. Ultimately I am a customer (yes I pay for herolab it is not free!!!!!). I am not simply a member of a community supporting a bunch of people who are producing this product for their love of the game. As it stands, I am being short changed, as are the rest of you and if you didn't keep leaping onto the defensive, LW might actually realise that they have a problem.

I personally have 0 interest in SW and actually feel that putting time into another game, when LW are still behind schedule on things like campaign theatre is terrible customer service.

But coming back to my original point. Playtests were always supported in HLC. So this, it would appear would be another piece of functionality that has been removed.

Am I being aggressive, no. But as a paying customer I have a right to complain and actually get a response from LW and not just other customers....
talsharien is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old November 10th, 2019, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
Thanks Magpi, that is exactly my point, and opinion. My games were forced online a number of years ago due to geography, life etc. Herolab is an essential tool for me to maintain my games.

When HL fails to support my gaming requirements, it makes things very difficult. Ultimately I am a customer (yes I pay for herolab it is not free!!!!!). I am not simply a member of a community supporting a bunch of people who are producing this product for their love of the game. As it stands, I am being short changed, as are the rest of you and if you didn't keep leaping onto the defensive, LW might actually realise that they have a problem.

I personally have 0 interest in SW and actually feel that putting time into another game, when LW are still behind schedule on things like campaign theatre is terrible customer service.

But coming back to my original point. Playtests were always supported in HLC. So this, it would appear would be another piece of functionality that has been removed.

Am I being aggressive, no. But as a paying customer I have a right to complain and actually get a response from LW and not just other customers....
So they should do everything you want on your schedule. Please tell us how they can do this? Maybe hire a dozen new people and pay them with IOU's? This is not an Amazon or Uber, they can't run profitless for years, they don't have millions of customers. Please understand that this is a small business that has to make hard choices on where to allocate their resources. Should they move the person working on SR to do a play test? You are more important that the people waiting on SR?

Last edited by Toblakai; November 10th, 2019 at 10:42 PM.
Toblakai is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old November 11th, 2019, 04:44 AM
In my opinion, with playtest rules so fiddely and more subject to change, anyone wanting to play a playtest character should just use paper.

If HLO was more perfect and had less overhanging tasks ahead of it, I would have liked to see the playtest (I want to try that witch) but things being what they are, I would prefer they work on HLO Core Rules. I mean formula books still don't work as expected, right?

For example, Pathbuilder 2e has said they aren't going to support the playtest either. Not an apples to apples comparison as that is a free product and that is just one guy, but he has said it's not worth his time when he has actual rules to implement.
wynlyndd is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old November 13th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
So they should do everything you want on your schedule. Please tell us how they can do this? Maybe hire a dozen new people and pay them with IOU's? This is not an Amazon or Uber, they can't run profitless for years, they don't have millions of customers. Please understand that this is a small business that has to make hard choices on where to allocate their resources. Should they move the person working on SR to do a play test? You are more important that the people waiting on SR?
I shouldn't have to tell them, after all I am the paying customer, who is providing feedback and my sense of dissatisfaction. I am overwhelmed that you are satisfied, but ultimately, it is not you who I wish to hear a reply from .

Ultimately, I would prefer Campaign Theatre to go live over playtest, my frustration I guess, is grown from what has been before (and HLC did support such playtests), it is a shame that HLO is not at a similiar standard.
talsharien is offline   #14 Reply With Quote