Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 14th, 2021, 12:20 PM
New 5e Pack released! Please give a big Thank You to Fenris447 for his fantastic job on getting this finished!

V3.1 - March 14, 2021 - Monster Mash

NEW RELEASES
  • Adventure With Muk - Dankwood Goblin player race and all special monsters added.
  • Eberron: Rising from the Last War - All items, monsters, and languages added.
  • Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden - Added charms, items, monsters, and spells. Thanks to RodainTheDwarf for the help with these.
  • Infernal Machine Rebuild - All items and monsters added.
  • Locathah Rising - Added monsters.
  • Lost Library of Kwalish - Added all items, monsters, and spells.
  • Rick and Morty - An item and a few special monsters have been added.
  • Sapphire Anniversary Dice Set - Added Adult Sapphire Dragon.
  • Spell Adjustments - Added adjustments to apply the effects of certain spells to your character. Select the adjustment, turn it on, and select any dropdown or incremeter items as instructed by the adjustment. Added: Alter Self (Natural Weapons), Awaken, Barkskin, Darkvision, Elemental Weapon, Enhance Ability, Enlarge/Reduce, Guardian of Nature, Haste, Holy Weapon, Mage Armor, Magic Stone, Magic Weapon, Otherworldly Guise, Shadow Blade, Shillelagh, Skill Empowerment, Slow, and Transformation.
  • Stranger Things - Special monsters and an item from the Hunt for the Thessalhydra adventure have been added.
  • Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything - Added all items. Magical tattoos allow you to select what general body part and follow the skin coverage rules in the book. A new adjustment called Remove Tattoo Limitations can be added to your character to disable those coverage rules. Added Juvenile Mimic, Reflection, and Mighty Servant of Leuk-o stat blocks.
  • The Tortle Package - Added monsters and the one item.
  • Tomb of Annihilation - Added all charms and the Yuan-Ti Transformation. You can find them in the Supernatural Gifts tab (enable that through the Configure Hero screen).
  • Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron - All remaining items added, Valenar and Aerini elf subraces added.

ENHANCEMENTS & CHANGES
  • All - Rearranged the Supernatural Gifts tab to break out Supernatural Gifts, Blessings, Charms, and (eventually) Dark Gifts into separate lists. You may need to delete and re-select any Blessings and Charms you have active to keep things clean, but no functionality is altered.
  • All - Added Wild Shape options for most eligible beasts added to the Community Pack since MToF.
  • AI - The vehicles that were mentioned in release 3.0's notes did not actually make it into the pack. They're included in this release. Oops!
  • DoIP - Added charm.
  • EEPC - Added "(EEPC)" to the end of this book's version of its spells, to differentiate them from the XGTE versions. Also removed proper names from a few spells, to align with our Community Pack naming convention and match their XGTE counterparts. Also added a source to the Configure Hero screen to allow you to choose just the EEPC races for your hero without also enabling the spells.
  • EGtW - Added three languages and all deities.
  • ERftLW - Added two languages.
  • MM - Added Adjustments for replacing a weapon’s damage type, for adding the Multiattack ability, for changing racial hit dice size, and for changing racial hit dice count, and for adding another creature type that will supercede the current one.
  • MM - Added new NPC racial templates that can be used on any humanoid creature.
  • MOoT - Added adjustment to add the Piety tracker to a character, in case they don’t have one already. Also added an adjustment to add Nyxborn traits to a creature.
  • OGA - Source added for One Grung Above adventure. The Grung has been in the pack for years, but apparently never made it into the patch notes. Surprise!
  • PHB - Added many adjustments: add or remove spell slots, condition immunity, damage type resistance, damage type immunity, damage type vulnerability, sepecial senses (Darkvision, Tremorsense, Trusesight, and Blindsight),
  • PHB - Added adjustment to perform an ASI swap: select two ability scores and an amount to move from one to another. This is mainly intended for use with the “Customizing your Origin” Tasha’s feature.
  • PHB - Added Animated Object and Phantom Steed to the Encounter Builder, so you can put them into your portfolio when summoned.
  • Starter Sets - Sources have been added for the Stranger Things and Rick & Morty starter sets.
  • TCoE - Improved Deft Explorer and Favored Foe coding, so that they cancel any selected favored terrains and enemies. Canny will now add the language selections to the Ranger tab, not the Background tab.
  • XGTE - Added Tiny Servant to the Encounter Builder. Changed name of Snowball Swarm to remove the proper name to align with Community Pack naming conventions.

BUGS
  • All - Added more sources to some things to hide them if their source isn't selected
  • All - Replaced more SRD things (spells, instrument) with their Community Pack counterparts.
  • ERftLW - Fixed an issue where Artificer subclasses were giving both a default tool proficiency and an extra one, instead of one or the other. Fixed level requirements on Mind Sharpener, Homunculus Servant, and Enhanced Arcane Focus
  • MM - Changed Aarakocra language to NPC, to match other NPC languages
  • PHB - Fixed Wild Shape adjustment to work again, and to properly pull in the Hero's bonuses as described by Wild Shape.
  • TCoE - Fixed a bug where Armorer was giving both smith’s tools and extra tool proficiency, and not giving heavy armor proficiency. Also fixed some typos.
  • UA Cleric Divine Domains - Fixed the level 5 and 7 spells for the Protection Domain to be awared at the proper levels. Thanks to mastratton for the catch.
  • VGtM - Fixed Yuan-Ti pureblood's Suggestion to be 1/Long Rest starting at level 3. Thanks to binnsr for the catch.
KNOWN ISSUES
  • No known issues at this time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #881 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old March 14th, 2021, 07:23 PM
Holy Crap! Thank you!
Enforcer84 is offline   #882 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 15th, 2021, 05:35 AM
I’m so glad to get this one out! I’m already well on my way towards release 3.2, “Waterdeep and Candlekeep.” As the title indicates, it’s focused on finishing the monsters and items in the Waterdeep adventures plus the Candlekeep book releasing tomorrow. Leaks have been pretty light for Candlekeep, so I the only info I have on it so far is that it has roughly 25 new monsters and an unknown number of items. My goal for new books moving forward is to have them done before the following book. As always, I can’t make any promises, but that’s what I’m aiming for!

I also am planning to get the UA Gothic Lineages and subclasses done in this release. I know I’ve said before that UA is a low priority. But when it’s clear that it’s going to make it to print, I’ll try and get it in anyway just to save on time when it’s actually published later.
I did the same thing for the Class Feature Variants.

I’m still open to suggestions if anyone has priorities. Now that the majority of the Extra Life stuff is done, the checklist is whittled down to major books, hence my focus on Waterdeep at the moment.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #883 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old March 15th, 2021, 01:41 PM
After loading 3.1, I'm getting error:
"pick 'io5CTCEX1' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '205'"

I can't seem to find io5CTCEX1 in my editor so I'm having trouble figuring out what it's referencing, can anyone identify it?
ShadowRose is offline   #884 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old March 15th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRose View Post
I noticed today that the Spear Mastery feat only adds +1 to melee attack rolls with spears, not ranged ones. I think this must be an oversight as the feat reads "+1 bonus to attack rolls...with a spear" So RAW that would be both melee and ranged attack rolls.
Not sure if this is the place to post stuff like that but if not, can someone point me in the right direction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
The best place to report bugs with the 5e Community Pack is over on the pack's Github page.

I took a look and I see in the code where it's only adding to "wAttMelee", which means you're totally right about the ranged attack bonus not working. I should be able to fix this for the next pack release.

I can't test this at the moment, but here's how I'm pretty sure you can fix it for yourself in the meantime. Open COM_5ePack_UA - Feats.user in a text editor, preferably one like Notepad++ with line numbers. Go to line 85, which should read "eachpick.field[wAttMelee].value += 1". Add a new line immediately below it, and put "eachpick.field[wAttRanged].value += 1" on that new line.

Save the file, CTRL+R in Hero Lab to reload the game system, and you should be good to go.
Did this ever get addressed? I'm still seeing this issue on my end.
ShadowRose is offline   #885 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 16th, 2021, 07:15 AM
Quote:
After loading 3.1, I'm getting error:
"pick 'io5CTCEX1' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '205'"

I can't seem to find io5CTCEX1 in my editor so I'm having trouble figuring out what it's referencing, can anyone identify it?
I can't find that in any of the Community Pack files. It might be something you had added to a file that was overwritten with the latest update. Check your "importbackup" folder in your 5e data folder. I used Notepad++'s "find in files" feature to search my entire HL .user file library.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #886 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 16th, 2021, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Did this ever get addressed? I'm still seeing this issue on my end.
It hasn't been addressed. That's my bad; totally forgot about it. I'll take a look.

EDIT: Okay, it's now fixed in the next release. In the future, opening up an Issue on our GitHub will ensure I'll see it and address it.

Last edited by Fenris447; March 16th, 2021 at 07:19 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #887 Reply With Quote
Venger

Old March 17th, 2021, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the updates
Venger is offline   #888 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old March 17th, 2021, 05:24 AM
I'm getting this issue:
>>Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Source '5CMHo5E' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pKoboPress'
Source '5e5EFeats' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pFTPK'
One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.<<

seems like it should be an easy fix - but I'm lost.
Any help? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BTW - the timing errors are annoying, but don't seem to affect the functioning; suggestions would be appreciated but the parent source problem is what's stopping me.

Last edited by sablevarg; March 17th, 2021 at 05:28 AM. Reason: additional info
sablevarg is offline   #889 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 17th, 2021, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablevarg View Post
I'm getting this issue:
>>Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Source '5CMHo5E' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pKoboPress'
Source '5e5EFeats' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pFTPK'
One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.<<

seems like it should be an easy fix - but I'm lost.
Any help? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BTW - the timing errors are annoying, but don't seem to affect the functioning; suggestions would be appreciated but the parent source problem is what's stopping me.
That one's a toughie...the only references to 5CMHo5E and 5e5EFeats in the Community Pack are in a file called COM_5ePack - Loadmods.user, which waas last changed by daplun over 4 years ago. This is the full code of the entire file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">

<loadmods>

<silentsource source="5CMHo5E"/>
    <silentsource source="5e5EFeats"/>

</loadmods>

</document>
I have no idea what a silence source is or what it does. But I'm wondering if this somehow is hiding sources that are built into Hero Lab 5e?? I really don't know. I'm going to reach out to daplunk and see if he can assist.

Fenris447 is offline   #890 Reply With Quote