Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thaX

Old April 10th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Where do you put the Alignment and Name of the other personality of the Vigilante?

Is there changes to this ability between archtypes? (like the Celebraty archtype)
thaX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 10th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Choose the alignment on the Dual Identity ability. Put the name wherever you think convenient, like the Personal tab, or journal.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old April 10th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Sooooo.... it isn't implemented yet?
thaX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 10th, 2016, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't say it's unimplemented. The only thing which has mechanical repercussions is what alignment your social identity has. Are you not seeing the alignment selector?
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old April 10th, 2016, 09:34 PM
I saw that, but don't know which identity it is for. It has a switch for the idenities in the "In Play" section, but it doesn't do anything much. I might have to just make a second character with the other name and have it for the social identity.

Is there a way to see what can't be used while in the social identity?
thaX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 10th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Your character's alignment as chosen on the Background tab should be your base identity, while the one chosen with dual identity is your secondary. When you activate it in-play is switches the tags for your identity (or at least it did when I setup the playtest class for them)
AndrewD2 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old April 17th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I sent a bug report. My name is done twice on the save file.

Is there any mechanical change between identity, or a way to print two characters off this file? (Social and Vigilante)
thaX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 17th, 2016, 12:13 PM
The base identity is the Vigilante, the identity you select on Dual Identity is your social identity's alignment. The mechanical effect is basically just felt in pre-reqs. Anything which the character has must be satisfied by both alignments. For example, a LG Vigilante with a LN social identity could not take Paladin levels, because paladins can't be LN.

This works the other direction as well (we asked paizo for clarification on this, since we weren't sure), with choices made prior to becoming a vigilante limiting what you should choose for the dual identity alignment. For example, if your LG Paladin multiclasses into Vigilante, his social identity MUST also be LG, since he already has something for which he can't break the pre-reqs.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old April 17th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Thank you.

I might have to do this one on paper for the social identity, as the differences are really only shown on the skills that I can see. I can't see changing the name just for the printing of the social identity.

Another problem is the Animal Guide. You have no way to have any of the templated familiars to be chosen for the higher level forms. My guy, who is CG, only has the Beheaded and Dire Rat to choose from, when I should be able to have a templated monkey at 3rd. (Celestrial, Infernal, Entropic or Resolute) The updated list has an Entropic Monkey on the PRD.

My confusion is that both choices are evil creatures at third level.
thaX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote