Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

senjak

Old December 17th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Just a minor thing, and I'd be really happy if someone told me that the feature was already in place and that I'd missed it...

I've several machines that I might be using on a day to day basis. I have one that I drag to the office, one that sits at home, and one that is a slim little beast that I take with me to gaming.

I'd love to have a configuration sync ability. Basically which ever system that I'd updated the configuration to last would have the configuration change pushed out to the others the next time they fired up. I find it annoying to have to remember the configuration changes I'd made during the day when I'm cruising the forums as I wait for code to compile.

Mind you I'm not asking for anything other than the community add ons where I point to an archive somewhere out on the net. I don't expect that manually added stuff from a file is preserved. But pointers to elsewhere? That would be cool and useful!

Thanks for listening,

Senjak
senjak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
freeAgent

Old December 18th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Get a Skydrive, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. account and install the syncing software on your computers. Then save your .por files to that folder. Problem solved!

EDIT: Or are you talking about .user files? That's slightly more work, but you should be able to copy them in and out of a sync'd folder and do the same thing.

Last edited by freeAgent; December 18th, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
freeAgent is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 18th, 2012, 01:38 PM
This is definitely on our to-do list as something we want to support via dropbox or similar. I'll be doing some of the work required for it as part of our iPad port, so I'm hoping it'll make its way into the desktop version of the product soon!
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old December 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Okay, let me try my question in a different way.

When I manually add a game system, like for example the Mongoose Traveller or the optional PDF print tool, what file gets checked at next start up?

That's the file that I want to sync.

Oh, and what's the full path generally?

Thanks!
senjak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old December 31st, 2012, 09:19 AM
I've been using Dropbox and a Simlink to sync my Pathfinder data for a while now. My Dropbox folder lives in a folder on my Desktop, but you can change paths for your destination. I still have to update each install of HL and then let it sync, but this works well.

ren "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder" pathfinder.org

mklink /j "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Desktop\Hold\Dropbox\Characte rs\Hero Lab\HL data - pathfinder"

pause

Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote